Please help me with the name of this movie

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
xlichter
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Please help me with the name of this movie

Post by xlichter »

For quite a while now I am trying to find the name of a movie that I have seen about 6 or 7 years ago. For a couple of years now I keep digging to find out the name of this movie.

I don't remember a lot of details about it, just the general idea.

The movie is focusing on two prisoners, one in US or UK and one in China or some other Asian country. Both of them are suspected of terrorism and they are being tortured, which in the end proves to be wrong.

At the same time, there is a university professor talking about freedom and fighting terrorism. This is the part that I can not forget. He is asking his students something like this:

"Would you give away a second of your freedom to eradicate terrorism once and for all?"
"Yes. Sure, Of course..."
"Ok then, would you give away a minute of your freedom to eradicate terrorism once and for all?"
"Yes. Sure, Of course..."
"What about an hour?"
"Yes. Sure...." (and a few silent voices)
"What about a day?"
"What about a week, a month or a year?"
(silence)

I am not sure if the movie was focused on discussing the US "Patriot Act", but it was touching the subject, for sure.

Anyone remember this movie? I Don't remember the cast, the director, the name... just what I wrote before.

Thank you all

astrakhan
0 Ratings

Re: Please help me with the name of this movie

Post by astrakhan »

Definitely sounds like "Lions For Lambs" with Robert Redford as the university professor.

LuckyLuciano
0 Ratings

Re: Please help me with the name of this movie

Post by LuckyLuciano »