Please help

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
oddball
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Help me name that movie

Post by oddball »

Nothing wrong with it. It's just that this is not really the most active forum around.

Sure, IMDB is the home of teh trolls and land of teh retarded but there are some knowledgeable people 'round there that make it a sport to find/name 'that movie'. Everytime I asked a movie's title there I got the right answer within a day, most of the time within a few minutes. I was able to give better descriptions though.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

If there is one thing I shall never do it's post on the IMDb boards. I've read enough of the boards to know that, as you say, 90% of those who post there are retarded way past the point of reasonability. People like that just piss me off, so I find it better to avoid them altogether, lest I get sucked into their evil web of retardation.

Sure, some posters might be alright, but I just don't see how it's worth the suffering of having to swim through the ocean of imbeciles to get to them.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Mine:

I think it was a short, very Tim Burton-esque (but not very light-hearted). Puppets. I think it was about a wig maker.

That's all I can remember right now.
Last edited by paulofilmo on Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

Yoshiking wrote:[...] I just don't see how it's worth the suffering of having to swim through the ocean of imbeciles to get to them.

:mrgreen:

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

paulofilmo wrote:Mine:

I think it was a short, very Tim Burton-esque (but not very light-hearted). Puppets. I think it was about a wig maker.

The Periwig-Maker http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239797/

Bring out the dead, bring out the dead...

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Spunkie wrote:
paulofilmo wrote:Mine:

The Periwig-Maker http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0239797/

Bring out the dead, bring out the dead...

Yes. That's it! Thank you.

It came on television a few years ago completely out of the blue. It gave the world a whole new atmosphere for 15 minutes.

And that's got to be one of the strangest endings ever.

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

That is something in par with the early Burton's. Brannagh's voice talent adds upto to the atmosphere.

oddball
0 Ratings

Post by oddball »

IMPRESSIVE!!

I must humbly say that I stand corrected and I'm glad I do. This is awesome!

TheDiceman
157 Ratings

Post by TheDiceman »

Greetings

I have been looking for the name to this film for a very long time:

It is of eastern european origin I believe.
A far out fantasy type.
There is no dialogue as far as I remember.
It involved a princess/maiden and some sort of evil demon elvin king type person.
The sets were of these vast wilderness's of snow and huge rock gems, the sets were incredible as I remember.
I think the film was made around the late 50's to early 60's or could have been a lot earlier, my memory is very vague on that.

I really need to see this film again so if you can name this it would be most appreciated.

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Just a quick note: we just added help me name that movie forum. Thank you for that suggestion
s. If you would like to see more category additions in the forums, please let us know via feature request.