Female love interest loses memory near end of the movie

Can't remember that film's name? Post the plot, and see if other users can help.
movienovice
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Female love interest loses memory near end of the movie

Post by movienovice »

TIMEFRAME
I watched a ton of movies between 1995 and 2002. So the odds are good the movie I'm trying to remember was during that period. More recently, I've watched all the MCU movies.

PLOT ELEMENTS
A man and woman are involved in the action scenes of a movie. She is the man's love interest in the movie. I don't remember the nature of the relationship except that they were close and probably in love. Something happens in the movie that requires the woman's short-term memory be erased. I don't think this was one of the MIB movies, although those do have memory-erasing tech.

THE SCENE
Near the end of the movie, the man goes to see the woman knowing she won't remember him. I think their first post-wipe encounter is in a coffee shop. IIRC, he walks in, knowing she'd be working there. He interacts with her and she kind of knows he's someone special despite the memory wipe.

DÉJÀ VU
[Minor spoiler alert - proceed with caution!]

Last night, I watched a current (2021) movie that had this very scenario except it was a doughnut shop, not a coffee shop. When I watched this current movie, whose name I'm not saying out of respect for those who haven't seen it, I was struck with strong déjà vu - The man walking into the woman's place of business and initiating contact with this woman whom he loves but who no longer knows him. The woman behaving like there is something special about him even though her memory has been erased. I feel like I have seen it before but I can't figure out where.

Thank you in advance!

movieboy
0 Ratings

Re: Female love interest loses memory near end of the movie

Post by movieboy »

ehk2
7 Ratings

Re: Female love interest loses memory near end of the movie

Post by ehk2 »

well, it doesn't fit "a bit". may be it's Notebook (2004) :))