Intro to Collections

Share your Criticker Collections with the rest of the community!
prowler
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Intro to Collections

Post by prowler »

i see remembered films have been made a collection, which is cool... will something similar happen to the wishlist soon?
or should i just convert to using remembered films for the added functionality

can't find the 'moderate collection' link, at least not in remembered films

anyways thanks for this xmas gift, it's quite welcome :)

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

go to your collection ---- scroll down ---- moderate collection

i don't have that option in my private collection :?

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Uh.. Whoops? Whilst messing around in my collection of films owned on DVD, I added the wrong (original) Ocean's Eleven. Bearing in mind Criswell's problem and seeing that I too had no such option I decided to turn my collection public, remove the film, then turn it back into private. Well, I turned it public, clicked remove, nothing happens. I click again. I go out of the page, reload it, try again. Noting happens. I figure I'll have one of the staff remove it. Anyway, I go to turn the collection private again, but.. Apparently that's not an option.

Fail. :P

Can some of the staff guys
1. Make my collection "My films" private"
2. Remove that damn Ocean's Eleven out of there

Thanks.
(if for some arbitrary reason you're not able to make it private again and remove the film, just remove the collection altogether and I'll start over. Thankfully I'd only gotten about 20+ films in so far..)

Tripwyre
0 Ratings

Post by Tripwyre »

My Remembered Films list has...disappeared? I can't see it anymore.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

My remembered films list has been on the fritz for a while, but I thought that was a general problem..

Funnily, clicking "view all saved films" takes me to the "all your rankings" page. :P

I've never remembered a single film though, but Criticker somehow gets the impression that me ranking a film means I want to remember it. Which, I guess, is not an altogether bad notion.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Tripwyre wrote:My Remembered Films list has...disappeared? I can't see it anymore.

This one might just be a misunderstanding. Remembered and Ignored films are now merged into the Collections functionality. You can see them by choosing the option in the dropdown list on the Film List page.

For example, Tripwyre, yours is here: http://www.criticker.com/?fl=&coll=1149 ... It looks intact to me, but I'd be interested to know if you can see it too.

We appreciate your guys' patience while we sort through the problems associated with the new feature.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Any chance you could move my "My films" collection from public to private any time soon..? Realize it's not a top priority, but I don't see how it should take any time whatsoever unless it's something you're unable to do, in which case I'll just start over. Was kinda hoping to stay up tonight and complete it. :)

Tripwyre
0 Ratings

Post by Tripwyre »

mpowell wrote:
Tripwyre wrote:My Remembered Films list has...disappeared? I can't see it anymore.

This one might just be a misunderstanding. Remembered and Ignored films are now merged into the Collections functionality. You can see them by choosing the option in the dropdown list on the Film List page.

For example, Tripwyre, yours is here: http://www.criticker.com/?fl=&coll=1149 ... It looks intact to me, but I'd be interested to know if you can see it too.

We appreciate your guys' patience while we sort through the problems associated with the new feature.

It only shows up if I follow a direct link, or if I add a film to the list off Rank More Films and click the "View the rest of the list here" button. Similarly, I can only change the page I'm looking at by pressing the yellow arrow. Clicking the 'D - G' button at the top makes it disappear again with a "No matching films found. Try loosening up the filters." message.

Also, the Saved For Later side-panel on my profile is showing the last 10 movies I rated instead of anything off my Remembered list.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'm an ass, apparently. :oops: Figured out you have to view collections specifically that you've created to be able to access the "edit this collection" function. Made it private now, still couldn't remove the original Ocean's Eleven from it though, so I'd appreciate if someone could do that at some point.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Criswell wrote:or, at least, changing the name of the collection...

You should be able to do this from the Your Collections page, here:
http://www.criticker.com/?cl&mine

Under the expanded information for each collection, there is a link which says "Edit This Collection". Use that to change the name, add a description, or change the collection type.