New Feature - Compact Ratings List

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

New Feature - Compact Ratings List

Post by mpowell »

Probably the most frequent piece of feedback we've gotten about the new Title Information page is that not enough ratings are displayed by default. We were only showing a handful of ratings in "cards" -- they look better and offer more functionality, but limit the amount of data that can be shown and required too much scrolling.

We've listened to your thoughts, and introduced two new changes. First up: a new way to view ratings on both the new Title Information Page, as well as the Ratings subpage. This is the compact view, which puts everything into a concise table, displaying far more ratings in one easy-to-view spot. Also, Criticker will remember your preference -- if you've chosen the compact view for looking at ratings, that will persist as you navigate the site.

The second thing we've done is limit the number of ratings shown by default (in the detailed view) bringing it down from 10 to 5 -- this will allow users to get to the other sections more quickly. And of course, you can always jump over to the title's Ratings page, to see all of the data!

Hope this new update improves your experience! We're very close to launching the new page for the entire community, and really excited to see what people think!

KasperL
156 Ratings

Re: New Feature - Compact Ratings List

Post by KasperL »

Thanks, Mike! That's really great.

There's an issue with Just Reviews and All Reviews, both on the main title page on the Ratings & Reviews subpage (these options have no effect, at least not on mobile web).
Last edited by KasperL on Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

KasperL
156 Ratings

Post by KasperL »

And could you please add a compact view for collections as well? 8-)

movieboy
0 Ratings

Post by movieboy »

How do I view the compact page? I still see the same view as before.

I assume title information page is the page on which a single movie is displayed with the poster, actors etc on the left & the ratings, with reviews, just kumpels rating is on the right.

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

KasperL wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:11 am
Yeah, I'd like this too for the Overview tab. I don't want to see a huge thumbnail of random movie posters for a collection.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

KasperL wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:07 am
Thanks, Mike! That's really great.

There's an issue with Just Reviews and All Reviews, both on the main title page on the Ratings & Reviews subpage (these options have no effect, at least not on mobile web).
Thanks for reporting this! I think we might have spotted and corrected the error. Can you let us know if it's still misbehaving?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

KasperL wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:11 am
Are you talking specifically about Mobile? We do have a compact view for Collections on Desktop.

We can definitely look at adding the same for mobile! I've added this to our list of enhancements!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

movieboy wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 9:01 am
How do I view the compact page? I still see the same view as before.

I assume title information page is the page on which a single movie is displayed with the poster, actors etc on the left & the ratings, with reviews, just kumpels rating is on the right.
This should now be available for you! We launched the page to the entire community today! And yes, you're right, the Title Information Page is the one you're referencing.

movieboy
0 Ratings

Post by movieboy »

mpowell wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:30 pm
This should now be available for you! We launched the page to the entire community today! And yes, you're right, the Title Information Page is the one you're referencing.
Yes, I can see it now. Thank you.

KasperL
156 Ratings

Post by KasperL »

mpowell wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:28 pm

Are you talking specifically about Mobile? We do have a compact view for Collections on Desktop.

We can definitely look at adding the same for mobile! I've added this to our list of enhancements!
Sorry, yes, I meant on mobile. I use the site on mobile 95% of the times these days so it would mean a lot to me if both "Add to Collections" and the "Collections" subpage were available in Compact View on mobile :)