Revamped Title Information Page

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
Deadmarsh
231 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Revamped Title Information Page

Post by Deadmarsh »

DawdlingPoet wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:39 pm
If its easier to navigate on mobile, that's a good thing too.
Not if it degrades the user experience on desktops. Which it does for now at least.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

laertes wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 11:10 am
Hey, good job Criticker-Team - I'm starting to really like the new look. One quick question: Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way to see the date I rated a movie when I did not write a review? It seems the date is only displayed when there is a review present. Meanwhile I can see the date for everyone else.

Thanks a lot!
Thanks! Yes, this is something which has been reported and which we're at work on addressing. Definitely an oversight on our part!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

mynameisdoug wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:52 pm
You didn't even have to scroll down to see everything in the old version, it was all just there at a glance.
This new version looks like it was made for mobile, it doesn't take advantage of horizontal space at all.
Why can't reviews and the movie information be side by side like in the old version?
I come here for quick and easy information. I don't want to interact with the site at all. The more time I spend clicking on crap and scrolling around the more I get frustrated.
If the new vision of this site is to be letterboxd but worse then I might as well just switch to letterboxd
Thanks for the thoughts! For this first stage (just the Title Info Page) we had to maintain the screen width to match the rest of the site. But part of the overall redesign of Criticker will be a change to full-width. And we definitely plan to make use of the extra horizontal space that comes with that!

AFlickering
288 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

MikiRurk_STG wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:28 am
So, I hate the changes overall but it is what it is.
That being said, my 45 Tier2 rating displays in green and Awesome. Is this a bug or should I get used to it?
tis a bug a few people have reported

Deadmarsh
231 Ratings

Post by Deadmarsh »

mpowell wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:25 am
Thanks for the thoughts! For this first stage (just the Title Info Page) we had to maintain the screen width to match the rest of the site. But part of the overall redesign of Criticker will be a change to full-width. And we definitely plan to make use of the extra horizontal space that comes with that!
This sounds good, looking forward to what will eventually be pushed to production.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

The similar titles are fun (promising)!

I was looking at Habit's page, because it's one of those films I think about often since seeing it a few years ago. I also thought about how it reminded me of Buffalo '66 - then I saw it in the Similar Titles (cool!).

I thought it a missed opportunity that it didn't work the other way around - not finding Habbit it B66's Similar Titles.

------------

Can we no longer see Kumpel averages on a film page?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

paulofilmo wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:14 pm
Can we no longer see Kumpel averages on a film page?
Thanks for pointing that out! This is likely a mistake ... it should appear at the bottom of Kumpel ratings. We'll take a look and update here once we have that fixed!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Ununnilium wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:26 pm
Secondly, one thing I noticed is that even high-scoring PSIs are in red, rather than the color they'd be in my ratings. Is this intentional?
Sorry this one has taken so long, but I believe it's now fixed!

NewPhilip
Ratings

Post by NewPhilip »

I’m generally a fan of the update, but has the possibility to see the psi of already rated movies been removed? Or is it just me who can’t find it?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

NewPhilip wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:45 am
I’m generally a fan of the update, but has the possibility to see the psi of already rated movies been removed? Or is it just me who can’t find it?
Thanks for the vote of confidence!! On desktop, you should be able to see the PSI underneath your rating box...

However, this doesn't work quite yet on Mobile. We do have a bug submitted to address this bit of missing information, it was just something we overlooked!