Revamped Title Information Page

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
overrated
278 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Revamped Title Information Page

Post by overrated »

I have to agree with everything Moribunny raised, if this is the final or near-final version of the new title page it is going to reduce how much I enjoy Criticker.

amazedemon
25 Ratings

Post by amazedemon »

I've been trying to use the new layout recently, the only major issue I've had (so far) is the pop-up when clicking Rate title. My main 2 concerns are:

1) The film info is obscured, making it harder to lookup or spellcheck info such as actors' names when writing a mini-review. Thus I'll probably have imdb open in another tab which isn't ideal and feeds into issue #2.

2) Clicking on the page anywhere other than the pop-up Rate title box causes said box to close, thus losing progress on a mini-review which is frustrating to say the least. The old version seemed to sometimes be able to recover the text even if the page had accidentally been closed.

I'm not sure what can be done to improve this, but I thought I'd put it out there in case you or any other Critickers had any ideas.

KasperL
156 Ratings

Post by KasperL »

The title pages on mobile seem to have been, uhm, devamped.

I don't suppose that a return to the original layout is intentional? Or maybe it's just temporary?

stuie299
42 Ratings

Post by stuie299 »

Not sure if this is a bug or a design flaw, but I absolutely hate how a separate text box appears when writing reviews. Not only does this limit my ability to look up information related to the movie while writing, but I've had numerous reviews completely vanish before finishing them. Sometimes this is due to accidentally clicking away from the text box, which is already super annoying as this is something that was never a problem on the old version, but other times they simply disappear with no explanation. Hopefully you can find a solution to this, or at the very least find a way for users to retrieve lost reviews so we don't have to start over completely when this happens. As is this is a big enough problem (at least for me personally) that I would probably stop using the site if not addressed in some capacity.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

stuie299 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:27 pm
Not sure if this is a bug or a design flaw, but I absolutely hate how a separate text box appears when writing reviews. Not only does this limit my ability to look up information related to the movie while writing, but I've had numerous reviews completely vanish before finishing them. Sometimes this is due to accidentally clicking away from the text box, which is already super annoying as this is something that was never a problem on the old version, but other times they simply disappear with no explanation. Hopefully you can find a solution to this, or at the very least find a way for users to retrieve lost reviews so we don't have to start over completely when this happens. As is this is a big enough problem (at least for me personally) that I would probably stop using the site if not addressed in some capacity.
Thanks for suggesting this -- it sounds like a bug to me, that the review should be retained if the modal is closed, even if you haven't submitted the review. I'm going to file it as a high-priority bug; I can imagine how frustrating that would be... and we'll update here once we've got that fixed!

Rodney J.
Ratings

Post by Rodney J. »

It's great that you're working on the site, but I'd really appreciate if the option to switch back to the old version persists. :)

I can't seem to find the link now, has it been removed completley?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Rodney J. wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:05 pm
I can't seem to find the link now, has it been removed completley?
Yes, it's been removed. We left the legacy page in place for about 8 months, but we wouldn't be able to maintain two separate versions indefinitely, so it's been sunsetted. We still have a lot of changes coming to Criticker, and the Title Information page, so we hope the new page grows on you!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

stuie299 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:27 pm
We've made a lot of changes now to the Rating modal, including having it remember your rating and review, in case the modal is closed. Details on our latest round of bug fixes here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9643

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know about this!

Moribunny
207 Ratings

Post by Moribunny »

Huge relief, I was just about to complain about this too. Thank you for that fix. Still desperately waiting to see my review displayed on the title page itself without having to click on edit though!