Filter Database on Language

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Filter Database on Language

Post by mpowell »

We introduced Language as a new piece of title information a little while ago, and have now added it as an additional filter on the Title Database!

Now, you can filter our titles based on language, in conjunction with all our other filters. Just an example:

Kurdish films
Recent films with both German and Danish
Animated films with Spanish

We hope this much-requested new bit of functionality helps you make even greater use of Criticker! We do still have a number of language-related enhancements to make, most importantly defining the "main" or "primary" language of a film, but we feel like this is a step in the right direction!

Ramy
170 Ratings

Re: Filter Database on Language

Post by Ramy »

Great addition! Thank you.

SinnerMa
0 Ratings

Post by SinnerMa »

Well thought out, thanks.

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I wanted to see how many "Japanese" language films I've seen, so I selected that language filter and loaded it in the "Your ratings" section of the Full Database. The default/first page (of six total pages of results) loaded just fine, but when I tried to click the scores above the ratings field to load a different page of results, it loaded into an all white error page that had only one line of text:

Invalid Filter Key - ltype

If I go back to that first page and use the next/prev buttons at the bottom or the page number buttons at the bottom to load to other pages, it works fine that way. It's just the scores at the top that result in the error page loading.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for reporting that, and for the detailed reproduction steps! Looks like we must have overlooked something. We'll take a look soon, and fix that back up.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, that should be fixed now! Thanks again for letting us know about it!