A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

Post by BadCosmonaut »

This new "new layout" is better than the old "new layout".

I toss my vote in for an option to toggle the "More" button to be always expanded.

I toss my vote in to somehow be able to see my own mini review (if I have one) on a movie page without having to press anything (beyond the initial loading of the movie page) and without having to scroll.

Infinite scrolling for ratings seems okay as the default to see other peoples' ratings, but I also would have expected to have an option for pages instead of infinite scrolling. Not sure this is something I'm asking for myself, but rather just something I expected to see. Basically, instead of infinitely loading a new set of ratings, there would be "next" "prevous" buttons to load the next page's set of ratings, which replace the current set of ratings.

One annoying thing for me is on a movie page where it lists all the actors in their little actor bubbles, I want to be able to middle mouse click those kinds of bubbles to open a new tab of that link. I used to be able to middle mouse click names and such and it would load a new page for that person or whatever. Now, middle mouse click doesn't work, and I have to left mouse click and load the current page into the new page.

Bug 1:

On a movie page, if I click "Add to watchlist" the button will properly change to "Added to watchlist" along with showing a checkmark to show it was added. However, if I reload that same movie page, the "Add to watchlist" button is back as if the movie was not added to my watchlist. The button is in error though, since the movie was correctly added to my watchlist. So it's just what the button displays that's an issue, not the actual function.

Bug 2:

All of the users I have blocked are still showing up in the infinite ratings list. Like all the IMDB accounts and such.

DSouza_Vasco
16 Ratings

Post by DSouza_Vasco »

mpowell wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:24 am
DSouza_Vasco wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:17 am
In the Filmmaker List, the option to show actors/directors by number of ratings, is not working.
Thanks so much for reporting this!! Totally missed it during testing (along with a few other things, apparently gulp) but we've got it working now, I think!
Still not working properly. This works only if you choose to show directors/actors with 10 or more movies rated. And even them, the number of ratings dont appear in the right side, just the average score.

Ramy
170 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

I love the look of the new home page because it was given a modern makeover without sacrificing functionality. Why can't the same be done for title pages?

With all that extra width, there's plenty of space to at least put the ratings back on the right side of the page.

One thing I would change about the home page is putting more focus on kumpels, new releases, and recent activity in general.

P u l p
0 Ratings

Post by P u l p »

I would first like to express my gratitude for your tireless efforts in improving the Criticker experience for our community. However, I must admit that the new layout does not resonate with my personal preferences. As a dedicated user of Criticker for more than a decade, the recent changes have noticeably altered the familiarity I once felt with the platform.
I am hopeful that, over time, I will become more accustomed to this updated design.

Additionally, I would like to take this opportunity to suggest a potential enhancement: the implementation of a "dark mode" option. I believe that this feature would greatly enhance the user experience for many, myself included.
Thank you for your continued commitment to enhancing Criticker, and for considering my feedback.

Skavau
0 Ratings

Post by Skavau »

I can't open new messages. It just doesn't do anything.

Victoriouz
23 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

Skavau wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:37 pm
I just messaged you to let you know I added Abby's to bar-based and Elsbeth to Amateur Sleuth

(but now that I think more of it, I'm not so sure, it possibly fits better in Crime Consultant just judging by the series in the collections I've seen (Nancy Drew x Blindspot/Deception/iZombie/Psych)

Also I just noticed someone added the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy film to this collection https://www.criticker.com/films/?collection=97050

Also to bring this back on topic, I second BadCosmonaut
BadCosmonaut wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:56 pm
One annoying thing for me is on a movie page where it lists all the actors in their little actor bubbles, I want to be able to middle mouse click those kinds of bubbles to open a new tab of that link. I used to be able to middle mouse click names and such and it would load a new page for that person or whatever. Now, middle mouse click doesn't work, and I have to left mouse click and load the current page into the new page.
pressing Ctrl + clicking the link won't open it on a new tab, same if we try Tab, Ctrl+Enter, and that's the one thing I actively dislike about the new layout 2.0

And it's not just the cast & crew buttons, it's the pagination for Collections/Full Ratings/Full Database/Filmmaker List etc.

Skavau
0 Ratings

Post by Skavau »

Victoriouz wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:08 pm
Skavau wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:37 pm
I just messaged you to let you know I added Abby's to bar-based and Elsbeth to Amateur Sleuth

(but now that I think more of it, I'm not so sure, it possibly fits better in Crime Consultant just judging by the series in the collections I've seen (Nancy Drew x Blindspot/Deception/iZombie/Psych)

Also I just noticed someone added the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy film to this collection https://www.criticker.com/films/?collection=97050

Also to bring this back on topic, I second BadCosmonaut
BadCosmonaut wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:56 pm
pressing Ctrl + clicking the link won't open it on a new tab, same if we try Tab, Ctrl+Enter, and that's the one thing I actively dislike about the new layout 2.0

And it's not just the cast & crew buttons, it's the pagination for Collections/Full Ratings/Full Database/Filmmaker List etc.
And yeah, it does probably lol. I did see your message through my email inbox - which does work though. :thumbs:

Still wish just adding stuff to collections auto-notified you.

Ramy
170 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

Bug 1: The average rating per country graph has disappeared.

Bug 2: Blocked users are appearing in Ratings & Reviews

Bug 3: Image

On the forums page:
- not full-width like the rest of Criticker
- username and number of ratings appear twice
- You, Explore, and Resources are smaller than Forums and Games

Bug 4: When you go to another user's ratings page and click on their score for a film, it opens a box for you to edit your own score/review, instead of opening a box showing theirs.

Bug 5: On my own profile page, clicking on "show more" under Recent Ratings does nothing but add white space.

Bug 6: Percentiles 75+ used to be dark green, but they are light green for percentiles 75 to 80(?) for all users.

emopop
0 Ratings

Post by emopop »

Is there a way to go back because i hate this new layout. Also now we have to click two times in order to rate.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Skavau wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:25 pm
Also search within moderating collections doesn't work right now. Nothing happens.
This should be fixed! Please let us know if it's still causing problems :)