A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
xenosapiens
569 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

Post by xenosapiens »

Is the list of platforms intentionally hidden in the new layout for game title pages?

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but pages for games do not show the platforms that a game is available on and I'm wondering if this is some kind of setting that can be changed.

Ramy
170 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

mpowell wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:15 am
BadCosmonaut wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:56 pm
All of the users I have blocked are still showing up in the infinite ratings list. Like all the IMDB accounts and such.
Ramy wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:36 pm
Bug 2: Blocked users are appearing in Ratings & Reviews
This one should be fixed now! Please let us know if they're still appearing in your Ratings Lists!
It was fixed for a while but they have reappeared.

jnydam
0 Ratings

Post by jnydam »

mpowell wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:03 am
jnydam wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:18 pm
When I click on "All Your Ratings," it appears to me that my ratings are the old numbers I assigned films. These were not percentiles. A rating of 80 very well may have been in the 90th percentile by my method- I was adapting to how the site created tiers for me. However, now when I rated a new film a 67 it listed it as my percentile. Supposed I had 100 films rated and my 50th highest rated film was rated a 61. Are the new ratings lying to me stating that this film is 61st percentile? If all users don't recalibrate their ratings doesn't this make the TCI and PSI models useless?

Thanks!
I think I understand your concern here. If you were using Tiers before, you saw Tier headings in the Film Database ("Tier 10", "Tier 9") etc. But those are not present anymore.

On the All Your Ratings page, you'll see the score you've actually given a title, not the percentile. But it'd be also nice to have the ability to view the percentile information at a glance, and I think this is what you're missing.

This is actually on our radar, and we've got a couple ideas about how we might address it, but it's not something we've had a chance to do yet.
Ok thank you!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

xenosapiens wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:58 pm
Is the list of platforms intentionally hidden in the new layout for game title pages?

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but pages for games do not show the platforms that a game is available on and I'm wondering if this is some kind of setting that can be changed.
Yeah, this one is on our radar, and we hope to have it solved soon!

Warden
257 Ratings

Post by Warden »

The previous bug i mentioned has been fixed, but a new one popped up. On my main/homepage there was no information apart from:

b-0 nav-link dropdown-toggle' data-bs-toggle='dropdown' href='https://www.criticker.com/resources/'>Resources

I refreshed like 2 times and got the same response, and then i refreshed again and my homepage was working again. Just thought i'd mention it in case it was an occasional bug.

P u l p
0 Ratings

Post by P u l p »

I'm not sure if it's just me, but the 'probable scores' don't seem to be as accurate as they used to be.

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

Currently, my own mini-reviews are not visible on any Title Info pages, but the reviews of other users are still visible. I'm guessing/hoping that's because the site is in the middle of some kind of transition process designed to shift the location of those (the user's own) mini-reviews on the page.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Warden wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:17 am
The previous bug i mentioned has been fixed, but a new one popped up. On my main/homepage there was no information apart from:

b-0 nav-link dropdown-toggle' data-bs-toggle='dropdown' href='https://www.criticker.com/resources/'>Resources

I refreshed like 2 times and got the same response, and then i refreshed again and my homepage was working again. Just thought i'd mention it in case it was an occasional bug.
We actually saw this ourselves, but it was just a transitory problem while we moved over some code. We were hoping that we had been fast enough for nobody to notice!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:53 am
Currently, my own mini-reviews are not visible on any Title Info pages, but the reviews of other users are still visible. I'm guessing/hoping that's because the site is in the middle of some kind of transition process designed to shift the location of those (the user's own) mini-reviews on the page.
This is exactly the case. We totally recognize the need to have your own review front and center, and are now discussing how best to make that happen! It's not a bug fix we're quickly whipping out, but something we want to spend a bit more time with... not too long, though, don't worry. This is a priority.

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

OK great.

But also: am I crazy or is there no place where it lists the alternate titles? And if so, am I crazy or has no one mentioned this up till now?