A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A Full-Width Layout for Criticker, and More!

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:03 am
OK great.

But also: am I crazy or is there no place where it lists the alternate titles? And if so, am I crazy or has no one mentioned this up till now?
It's been mentioned here, and the fix will be going out soon!

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

Ah OK, so I am crazy. Good to have it confirmed.

Ramy
170 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

On the Kumpels page, the size of the posters is inconsistent. Some big, some small.

I think the page would look much better if all posters were small (the size the 2nd one) and if the year of the movies was added. Ex: The Zone of Interest (2023)

Ramy
170 Ratings

Post by Ramy »

In the forums, the user info (number of posts, reviews, join date) is wrong for everyone.
The TCIs are na for everyone.

monclivie
64 Ratings

Post by monclivie »

Since we have so much more space now, how about more than 12 actors per title?

Skavau
0 Ratings

Post by Skavau »

monclivie wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:37 pm
Since we have so much more space now, how about more than 12 actors per title?
My opinion is that we do need more, but actors need to be split up into "Main" and "Supporting".

JonSmith
153 Ratings

Post by JonSmith »

I definitely prefer this "new new layout" to the "old new layout".

I have some comments but I will try using the site a bit more first. I have one suggestion when it comes to compact mode which might help others.

If possible is it possible to move the collections/ratings box to the right of the general info box in compact mode? I think that's what most people miss from the old layout. For the other sections there are a few changes to be made for that to work. For similar titles it could also benefit from a compact mode with just the names of each title.

I don't know what could be done for the other sections however (stats and trailer). I remember stats working in a column mode in the old layout so maybe that could work? For the trailer, I guess compact mode could simply be a link off site? Either that or a very small embedded video.

Also, just in case this wasn't mentioned, there is a bug caused by the new layout. When navigating the database, I don't get the small info box when clicking on a PSI in the database. The page just keeps having the words loading in the small infobox.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Ramy wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:56 pm
In the forums, the user info (number of posts, reviews, join date) is wrong for everyone.
The TCIs are na for everyone.
Hmm... this is interesting, because it looks fine for us. That's troubling that it would be off for you, though, since the data is generated in the same way. Would you mind taking a quick screenshot and sending to support@criticker.com? Not that we need "proof" or don't believe you or anything, but it usually helps troubleshooting to see the error.

LRibeiro
148 Ratings

Post by LRibeiro »

All my TCIs (and as a result my PSIs) have become useless. The users on my "Best TCIs" list all had values between 2 and 3. If I actually look at a user, their TCI changes to something between 25-30, and they are no longer in my Top 1000. Will something be done to recalculate all TCIs, so that PSIs become meaningful again?

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

A single column of ratings is so much better to me than double columns. I hope it stays single column. Also, having all of the cast and crew in one location instead of 3 separate locations is nice as well.