Combining ChatGpt and Criticker

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Scholar69420
Your TCI: na

Re: Combining ChatGpt and Criticker

Post by Scholar69420 »

Nice one christof, this is exactly what I imagined AI could do when this topic first came up on the forum. It takes your entire database export and does a sophisticated write-up on what that data might mean. Perfectly personalised to you as an individual, even moreso when you can re-prompt it for a new report in a way that fits you better.

This post is the first I heard about NotebookLM, so I immediately rushed to try it out. In comparison to Humata, an earlier AI service I've used that tries to do the same thing, this is a MASSIVE step forward. I'm blown away, genuinely. As the subject of the report, I judge its evaluation of my film preferences as highly accurate. I'm particularly impressed at how it picks out my own philosophical leanings from my mini-reviews. Also, all the references point to the correct part of the TXT I uploaded. It did suggest me The Lighthouse (2019) which I have seen before, but that's the only suggestion it made a mistake on. An improvement at least.

So far, there isn't necessarily anything here that I couldn't imagine ChatGPT capable of. At least, not without doing something about context size. Makes sense, considering NotebookLM is powered by Gemini 1.5. I give it to the end of the year before we see a competing service from OpenAI. However, at the time of writing I entirely agree that NotebookLM is by far the best AI tool for the job.

I agree also that the generated podcast is excellent. (7:02 to the end is particularly funny and insightful) The writing is legit funnier than most podcasts, and the TextToSpeech is finally good enough that I'm not bothered by the robo-voices. They breathe and laugh and pause and say uhm and stutter and sound tentative and at all the right moments. I genuinely enjoyed listening to it for the personalised narcissistic self-reflection aspect rather than just a curiosity for something novel.

Honestly, I recommend that every user who writes mini-reviews uploads a TXT export to NotebookLM and tries it out. Personalised write up and podcast in under a minute proves beyond doubt that AI is pretty damn good now.

christof
Your TCI: na

Re: Combining ChatGpt and Criticker

Post by christof »

Thanks for trying it out, I am so glad it worked for you too.
....yes, your podcast at the end is hilarious "...the kebab never rotated!" (it's an iconic way to wrap up the podcast about your reviews!)

Loved that you asked about your philosophical approach underpinning your critiques, I also did this in response to you sharing the outcome of your prompts, and it got me bang on! Very good analysis.

It actually helped me formulate more concretely what I thought important when doing critical analysis (even though the Criticker reviews are micro-sized pieces of writing, they are good unguarded evidence of what is important to me).

Thanks for the tip.