Goriest Movie Scenes

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Pickpocket
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Goriest Movie Scenes

Post by Pickpocket »

KGB wrote:I try hard but I just fail to find the entertainment value of a woman being cut up and hanged from her tits. But it's just me, right?

You haven't been entertained till you've seen a chick get cut up and hanged by her tits.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'm going to go ahead and be the lame one and be the only one not revolted by the pictures posted. OH, I'M SO SURPRISED TO SEE THIS IN A TOPIC FOR MOST GORY MOVIE SCENES EVER! THAT'S DISGUSTING! Well, yeah, but some people like being shocked by graphic violence. And no, that doesn't make them disgusting.

The only film of those I've seen is Hostel, and the only scene in Hostel I found to be painful to watch was the one with the achilles tendon. Mostly because the dude doesn't actually know the tendon has been sliced clean in two and he decides to make a run for the door. His entire leg just collapses, it's goddamn brutal. There are other scenes as well that are gory per definition but they didn't achieve that physiological effect in me.

Pretty well made scene, that. I actually like Hostel somewhat, even though i can agree it's not that great a film. :P

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Rufflesack wrote:the one with the achilles tendon

That's the sort of thing gets to me. More than castration etc.; tendons, bone scraping etc. really mess with my psyche. (which intrigues me)
--
As for the genre: There's clearly a market for it. Pitchforking a solitary, sincere representative is hardly neighbourly or constructive. 'though I did think the pictures were unnecessary and not particularly thoughtful.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'm not a huge fan of the slasher/gore genre myself, but I have nothing against it and I'll enjoy it if it's done in a clever way, or if it's done for a legitimate reason, or if it's just incredibly bizarrely humorous (like Braindead or Shaun of the Dead). Incredibly generic gore films like the Saw series really piss me off. When it's gore just for the sake of gore I don't really get what the hell the point is.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

paulofilmo wrote:'though I did think the pictures were unnecessary and not particularly thoughtful.

Then, hmm, maybe you shouldn't visit a thread called "Goriest Movie Scenes"

Rufflesack wrote:Incredibly generic gore films like the Saw series really piss me off. When it's gore just for the sake of gore I don't really get what the hell the point is.

Believe me, until you've seen "Captivity", you haven't seen anything.

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

To Rufflesack, I wasn't disgusted by the images, I just don't find any entertainment value in them. What can anyone who isn't mentally disturbed enjoy this gratitious violence for the sake of gratitious violence? Can't he just, like, go find a good ol' scary horror film? I never really understood the slasher genre at all, even less the people who enjoy it.

On the secondhand, I did watch a clip made of Eraserhead scenes the other day. Now that was disturbing as fuck.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

HorrorMaster wrote:Then, hmm, maybe you shouldn't visit a thread called "Goriest Movie Scenes"

While your logic fills me with bountiful, overflowing, incandescent chocolate-joy, I can't help but worry that those of a more sensitive--less flaming-baby-loving disposition than I--may curiously enter the thread, only to swiftly leave again more than a little worse for ware.

Mainly because hare rhymes with ware.