the mighty boosh

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Luna6ix
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

the mighty boosh

Post by Luna6ix »

i've honestly only discovered this amazing tv show in the past few months (thanks to my buddy who lives in canada...i dont know why that's relevent), and considering that it only began to air on tv stations i recieve a couple weeks ago i'm ahead of the game. since i know there, are a lot of english people that frequent this community i was wondering what you guys think about it. personally i think it's one of the best skit shows ever to grace the television along with "the kids in the hall", and "the whitest kids u know", actually it's an anomaly for me to like a skit show because those three are the only ones i appreciate. specifically what got me into it was the episode titled "the legend of old greg" (it's utterly hilarious.)

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Re: the mighty boosh

Post by paulofilmo »

I think they stopped making the show a couple of years ago, so the fanfare's came and gone a little. I'm envious of anyone who can discover them afresh.

I think I fell in love with "pies"

Jellysauce
0 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

i just recently watched the first episode on adult swim. i didn't really like it, but maybe i just don't "get it"

though i do really like kids in the hall which you mentioned in the original post.

AFlickering
288 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

not a fan...

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Oh this show is absolutley fantastic I would suggest it to anyone.

skyscape
0 Ratings

Post by skyscape »

The Boosh are awesome. They're still making the shows, as well as doing a lot of live touring and a musical side project (I was lucky enough to see them live twice last year when visiting the UK). While not everyone's cup of tea, they definately offer some of the best and most surreal comedy out there. Unfortunately the 3rd series isn't as good as the first two, but its still pretty good. You might want to get hold of their "Live" dvd as well, the comedy has even less boundaries. If you like the Mighty Boosh you might wanna check out Green Wing, Jam and Snuffbox as well, they won't disappoint!

carnageace
0 Ratings

Post by carnageace »

I really don't like them. I even did a Room 101 interview in my English class against them.

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

carnageace wrote:I really don't like them. I even did a Room 101 interview in my English class against them.

Surreal British humor is not everyone's cup of tea. Even though the comedy styles are different I find myself comparing them to another comedy team I love, that being Tim and Eric.

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

something tells me carnageace isn't a stranger to surreal british humour

i like the mighty boosh, the first series more than the second and i haven't seen the third. i think they're a bit overrated though, at least in england. they're good, but they're not the second coming of monty python or anything

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Easily one of my favourite shows. Transcends the boundaries of normal television standards, boy are Noel and Julian comedic geniuses. The first two seasons are the best, my favourite episodes are probably "Nanageddon" and "The Nightmare of Milky Joe" though I adore every single episode.

I'm Old Gregg!