Rankings: In-the-now or over time?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Re: Rankings: In-the-now or over time?

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Most of the time i watch movies high off my ass, so i usually forget a good amount of it and i'm forced to go back and watch the movie all over again. After the second watch I usually end up scoring shit a lot higher(no pun intended).

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

HorrorMaster wrote:but I watched "Cube 2: Hypercube" and the only thought that ever went through my head was that it was simply bad.

You simply haven't seen 'Cube Zero', then. Never have I seen anothe film that wastes time as this one does. So much stuff that shouldn't even be explained are explained without really explaining anything. There's also some unclear twist about the nature of the Cube that made me laugh out loud.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

KGB wrote:You simply haven't seen 'Cube Zero', then. Never have I seen anothe film that wastes time as this one does. So much stuff that shouldn't even be explained are explained without really explaining anything. There's also some unclear twist about the nature of the Cube that made me laugh out loud.

Yes, I've heard "Cube Zero" gives away much more than "Hypercube", and it is on my list of movies to see; may rent it next week, they have it at Blockbuster. I guess I just watch everything to be a completist.

Rufflesack wrote:Was that me..? Seem to recall at some point writing something like that. :)

Yes, I think 'twas.

Anyway, I agree with you though. The quality of the first film on its own isn't necessarily ruined by its sequels, I just don't want to watch them because I don't want the mystery of the Cube explained to me. I'd probably still enjoy the first film as much, but if the reason behind the Cube is explained to me that would certainly lead to an alteration of my perception of what the Cube is. And I like my perception. ;) Saying that for instance Matrix Reloaded or Revolution in their rather crap nature ruin the first film though is.. ludicrous. The first film is what it is, regardless of the sequels.

Makes sense. Hell, I sort of agree in that I don't want my perception of the first movie to change at all, though fortunately no movie has the power to change that for me because my love for it is so strong. Image