Criticker for Android™ is on Google Android Market

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Ross
34 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Criticker for Android™ is on Google Android Market

Post by Ross »

Hi guys

I can't seem to sign in with the app. I get the message "The username or password you intered is incorrect". But I am quite sure they are. Do you have a suggestion?

Hmm! I changed my password and then it worked...

nauru
0 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Looks like it's finally time for me to dump the iphone and get an android phone. Many reasons were piling up already, but this is just too much.

chao
9 Ratings

Post by chao »

Shadrik wrote:The app looks great and I will defenitly use it, thanks for the effort!

One thing that looks odd though is the list of kumpels that is availabe for every user. This information isn't availabe through the website (as far as I know) and it does not only show the kumpels but also people I've added as a kumpel a time ago (and deleted again) and people on the ignore list. What where your thoughts on this feature?

Some of my friends reported the same situation about deleted kumpels are on list but we use the API of criticker so we show what API request returns. So if there is a weird problem on there, it appears there is, Mike or the other admin guys of the API will solve the problem and will return only current kumpels not current and deleted ones. If they change the internal code everything will be allright no Criticker for Android™ version upgrade is needed.

Note: Yes we show every others' kumpels but isn't it a good feature to surf on app? so please admins do not remove this feature from the API.

chao
9 Ratings

Post by chao »

nauru wrote:Looks like it's finally time for me to dump the iphone and get an android phone. Many reasons were piling up already, but this is just too much.

You are on the right way nauru. Come to our voice "Aaaaanddroooiiiiddd" ;)

nauru
0 Ratings

Post by nauru »

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to develop this for Android and not iphone (initially)? Is it less time consuming to make an app for Android than for the iphone? Or were you planning to do both? Once you have developed an app for one OS, how hard is it to port it to the other systems?

chao
9 Ratings

Post by chao »

nauru wrote:Out of curiosity, why did you choose to develop this for Android and not iphone (initially)? Is it less time consuming to make an app for Android than for the iphone? Or were you planning to do both? Once you have developed an app for one OS, how hard is it to port it to the other systems?

We always support open source world. You know Android is open source too. The other reason programming language. In our daily work we are using Java and you use Java to develop Android apps. Oh one reason can be that Apple products are very expensive in Turkey :| These are reasons of chosing Android for Criticker.

But these reasons does not mean that we are not going to develop for iOS products. We have plans that in future we will develop for both.

And yes it will be hard to port to other OSs unless your app is on OpenGL ES like game apps.

Sadly in short period we are not planning to port Criticker for Android™ to iOS because we do not have financial support :(

chao
9 Ratings

Post by chao »

Criticker for Android™ v1.0.1 is on the market

Release changes;
· New users (ranked film count is smaller than 10) had some problems because Tier info is not applicaple for them. Solved this bug now it shows 0 as Tier.
· After this version users can not see other users' kumpels as on criticker.com. They can only see their own kumpels.

Please upgrade your apps.

Kojiless
448 Ratings

Post by Kojiless »

Looks great! I use a tablet and Honeycomb and the app crashed on start up, so I'm looking forward to the updated version. Thanks for taking the time to make this!

chao
9 Ratings

Post by chao »

Kojiless wrote:Looks great! I use a tablet and Honeycomb and the app crashed on start up, so I'm looking forward to the updated version. Thanks for taking the time to make this!

Good news Kojiless we have detected the problem on Android 3 versions. We will publish a new version for this problem. Keep watching this topic...

chao
9 Ratings

Post by chao »

chao wrote:
Kojiless wrote:Looks great! I use a tablet and Honeycomb and the app crashed on start up, so I'm looking forward to the updated version. Thanks for taking the time to make this!

Good news Kojiless we have detected the problem on Android 3 versions. We will publish a new version for this problem. Keep watching this topic...

Criticker for Android™ v1.0.2 is published

Release notes:
v1.0.2
· Android 3 and Android 4 versions are now supported. It can be used on Android Tablets.

v1.0.1
· New users (ranked film count is smaller than 10) had some problems because Tier info is not applicaple for them. Solved this bug now it shows 0 as Tier.
· After this version users can not see other users' kumpels as on criticker.com. They can only see their own kumpels.