Who Do You Trust?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Bojangles
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Who Do You Trust?

Post by Bojangles »

How is KBG in so many TCI lists? :shock: It's really bizarre...I think you're #2 on mine, I'm too lazy to look and make sure.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

I feel trusted :P

I pretty much only trust people who write reviews. People who don't sometimes I think they may rank movies higher or lower just cause it's seen as a masterpiece or a POS.

And all my kumples normally write reviews and I trust most of them or at least find the reviews funny or insightful. And most of the people in this thread I have added.

KGB is my #3 TCI. He hacks. 8-)

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

KGB is #4 on mine.. :P Seeing as he also writes reviews for most of his films and seems to have seen every single film I've ever seen ever before me (seriously, his review is always there), I trust him quite a lot..

Pickpocket also stood out to me pretty early on, mostly because of the Bill Murray avatar.. :P I think I trust users with recognizable avatars more than others, simply because I recognize them. Don't know if that reflects well on me or not.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

Disclaimer: the following statements and assumptions are merely based on a set of numbers and in no means claim to the only explanation for KGB being on many people's TCI list. I don't mean to presume anything about anybody here. I'm merely trying to analyse a set of numbers logically.

KGB is on many people's TCI list because he has a very predictable movie taste, as well as a taste that could be considered kind of mainstream here on Criticker. The former statement comes from the fact that with my QMDB system, I was able to predict KGB's ratings with an accuracy of 0.98 tiers up or down, which probably means that KGB is quite constant and/or rational in rating his movies, and thus has fewer outliers than most people. The latter statement comes from the fact that KGB has very low TCI's in his top TCI's. This means that he agrees with many people and thus by definition has a movie taste that could be considered mainstream.

JooJoo
0 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

KGB just got outed itt

JooJoo
0 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

I try to stick to the simplistic mini-review - just a sentence or 2 - due to the letter-constraint this site gives me.

Whenever I seriously want to do a review I will be racking my brain for 30 min. trying to find the best way to fit it in there, so its rare when I have anything worth reading.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

JooJoo wrote:KGB just got outed itt

What does 'itt' mean? I don't get your comment :-S.

JooJoo
0 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

Quicky wrote:
JooJoo wrote:KGB just got outed itt

What does 'itt' mean? I don't get your comment :-S.

sorry, force of habit.

itt = in this thread (or topic - in this case)

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

Quicky your theory about Kgb's bigtime in most of our Tci's sounds probable. But his taste is the mainstream of this site. And I'm sure you are aware this community's avarage taste is quite a bit different from average out there anywhere. Even amongst my friends I have hard time getting them through anything older than 30 years. Whereas here people go all the way down to beginning of cinema merely out of self enthusiasm.

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

kgb isn't a top TCI for me :D i feel special.