ignoring films

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Jellysauce
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

ignoring films

Post by Jellysauce »

does anyone here use this feature? and if so, why?

i think its interesting but ill never use it. ill give any movie at least one chance.

MmzHrrdb

Re: ignoring films

Post by MmzHrrdb »

yea i havn't used that feature once because you never kno when u might see the movie, whether its on purpose or not

Bojangles
0 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

Never used it.

td888
0 Ratings

Post by td888 »

I use it a lot. There are some movies which for sure I'll never watch, so I don't want them showing up in recommendations etc..

allisoncm
0 Ratings

Post by allisoncm »

Jellysauce wrote:does anyone here use this feature? and if so, why?

i think its interesting but ill never use it. ill give any movie at least one chance.

yes. my ignored films are as follows:

28 Days Later (2002)

x
+
Barbarella (1968)

x
+
The Golden Compass (2007)

x
+
Team America: World Police (2004)

I consider those films insulting to everyone's intelligence and especially mine.

pilgermann
0 Ratings

Post by pilgermann »

I use ignore so that films I have little or no interest in won't show up in my recommendations 'n' stuff. I very well might watch some of them at some point.

Allisoncm, how do those films insult one's intelligence? Out of those I've only seen 28 Days Later but it's very intense and well made. Barbarella isn't meant to be high art. The Golden Compass seems like it has an interesting premise, and some of the cast are reliable folks. Team America isn't my brand of humor but I've seen some funny bits from it.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, of course.

Jellysauce
0 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

haha i love 28 days later.

one of the few movies iv given a 100.

Philip
0 Ratings

Post by Philip »

allisoncm wrote:yes. my ignored films are as follows:

28 Days Later (2002)

x
+
Barbarella (1968)

x
+
The Golden Compass (2007)

x
+
Team America: World Police (2004)

I consider those films insulting to everyone's intelligence and especially mine.

I still don't understand why you use the "ignore" function. If you've seen the movie and think it's bad, you should give it a low score since that increases the accuracy of your TCIs. If you however haven't seen them, then how can you be so sure that they're that horrible?

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I know making such a post is just asking for trouble, but.. I really can't help myself. I find it pretty funny how those 4 films are as a whole 4 terribly mediocre ones, with no outsandingly good or bad features really. Also, they aren't like each other in any way. I really can't see how they're particularly insulting to anyone's intelligence, and.. God, what the hell do you mean by "escpecially mine"? Way to be incredibly full of yourself and implying that your intelligence is far above others and that you, and only you are able to see the flaws in these 4 absolutely atrocious movies! I mean, god. Your post is more insulting to people's intelligence, and I must say particularly your own, than those movies could ever be.

And for the record, I love Team America no matter how mediocre it is.. I can see how people might not like it (as it's pretty much based on one gimmick that gets very old), but I just love Parker and Stone's sense of humor. Fun stuff. :)

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Avoind a flame war, I will just say that these four films really don't stand out to be that horrible. 'Team America' is retarded and not one bit as funny as South Park, but it has it's moments; '28 Weeks Later' was awfully mediocre in my opinion, but not particulary bad; and I haven't seen the other two, but 'The Golden Compass' is just another fantasy-book adaptation that is part of a new family-suitable fantasy craze (for that matter, you should ignore 'Aragon' or 'Narnia', which shamelessly follow this wave), and Barbarella is just a cult sci-fi parody. For that matter, you should ignore oh so many films...

I really don't see the point of ignoring. If I find a film so annoying I might even mark it to remember just to see how bad can it really be, and to help to balance with the good films. I once ignored 'Apocalypto' for being against it for far too many reasons, but saw there was no point in that and took the 'ignore' off.