Oh woe is me!

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
paulofilmo
5 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Oh woe is me!

Post by paulofilmo »

I have too many films to watch. No, please, save your sympathies, I require your sound judgment in my time of need.

Here's the movies I have waiting. Please shout one out at a time so I can get some sort of order in which to watch them.

8 1/2
Adaptation
Walkabout
City of God
Holy Mountain
The Godfather
Lawrence of Arabia
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
Tokyo Story
Touch of Evil
Wild Strawberries
Apu Trilogy (Ray)
The Seventh Seal
The Man Who Wasn't There
Days of Heaven
The Right Stuff
Agantuk (The Stranger) (Ray)
Frankenstein
The Bride of Frankenstein
Last edited by paulofilmo on Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeaceAnarchy
0 Ratings

Re: Oh woe is me!

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

Here you go:

Lawrence of Arabia
Wild Strawberries
8 1/2
Walkabout
Tokyo Story
City of God
The Godfather
Apu Trilogy (Ray)
The Seventh Seal
Touch of Evil
Days of Heaven
Adaptation
Holy Mountain
The Man Who Wasn't There
The Right Stuff

I haven't seen the last two though.

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

If it matters at all, 'Adapatation' and 'City of God' are in my top 10. Not a big fan of '8 1/2', though.

AFlickering
289 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

my favourites of those are lawrence of arabia & the seventh seal, the latter's more accessible and easy to watch though. also love the man who wasn't there and 8 1/2.

like adaptation from what i remember, diving bell is very good but not amazing, wild strawberries i never really connected with, days of heaven i didn't connect with at all (par for the course with malick) but it's visually very beautiful, city of god i suspect you'd like more than i do.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

8 1/2 and Tokyo Story are two of the biggest must-sees that I've been procrastinating on for way too long. Out of the films you listed though, Touch of Evil is my favorite. For my money it's Welles' best work, even better than Citizen Kane.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I'll tell you what, I'll watch them according to when they were mentioned, and then the rest according to PeaceAnarchy's list. That way it should be quite balanced.

So, as it stands:

Adaptation
City of God
8 1/2
Lawrence of Arabia
The Seventh Seal
The Man Who Wasn't There
Wild Strawberries
Days of Heaven
Tokyo Story
Touch of Evil
Walkabout
The Godfather
Apu Trilogy (Ray)
Holy Mountain
The Right Stuff

To be honest, I'm most excited about Touch of Evil and Walkabout, but I'm looking forward to most of them. I wont stick to the list diligently, but it should bide my procrastination. I have No Country for Old Men on the cards, too, but that's a TV job.

Cheers, guys.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Agantuk is one of Ray's weakest films, so definitely watch the Apu trilogy first.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Aye, I haven't enjoyed his colour films really at all. Well, I have it on vid now, so may as well give it a chance. I'll watch the Apu trilogy first.

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

Out of these butterfly,touch of evil,right stuff,godfather,city of god and adaptation are the easiest to watch in my opinion. So you may try spreading these between others, hard ones in a spree may kill you :). Days of Heaven is nowhere near bad, I would be smoken by lightning of justice if I tell it is. But it is a hard one till you get the feeling of, so I reccomend you to save it when you feel like it. Exciting choices by the way.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Cheers, Spunkie. That is the worry; not being in the right mood for them. I'm certainly not doing any kind of movie marathon as so far I have only seen one of them. Of course, I'll probably see more light-hearted films in between on TV.