My Best of 2015

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Stewball
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

My Best of 2015

Post by Stewball »

FWIW, of the 130+ movies I've seen this year (mostly) in theaters, these are the only ones that are 90+, with Like Sunday, Like Rain being the only 10/10 masterpiece.

Like Sunday, Like Rain
Irrational Man
Kingsman
(the only action movie)
The Centenarian Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared
Mr. Holmes
Pawn Sacrifice
Burnt
Spotlight

The LA Times just had an article on films from this year which should have a second look, in which Like Sunday, Like Rain was featured:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mo ... story.html
I just hate to see good stuff go wanting.

TheSean
0 Ratings

Re: My Best of 2015

Post by TheSean »

Watched plenty of films last year but not many new (2015) ones.

I have one 90+, The Revenant (91). Ex Machina came close with 88.

b4con
0 Ratings

Post by b4con »

The Lobster with a 95, only >90 so far. Haven't seen any of the releases from the end of the year yet except for TFA.

mucow
129 Ratings

Post by mucow »

My two highest ranked films from 2015 were Inside Out and Mad Max... that's quite a pairing...

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

To my surprise, I have actually watched two "movies" in 2015. One was the mediocre and painfully overrated Daredevil (2015), which I rated 40, T4. And the other was the fine documentary I Hate Christian Laettner (2015), which surpassed my expectations, and was a 68, T7.

Thus, speaking personally, the best film of 2015 for me was I Hate Christian Laettner!

TheSean
0 Ratings

Post by TheSean »

ShogunRua wrote:To my surprise, I have actually watched two "movies" in 2015. One was the mediocre and painfully overrated Daredevil (2015), which I rated 40, T4. And the other was the fine documentary I Hate Christian Laettner (2015), which surpassed my expectations, and was a 68, T7.

Thus, speaking personally, the best film of 2015 for me was I Hate Christian Laettner!

Enjoyed that one too. I rated it highly as well.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

mucow wrote:My two highest ranked films from 2015 were Inside Out and Mad Max... that's quite a pairing...

IMNTBHO children's/animated films have been severely wanting for the last 5 years. Either I've grown up, or they've sloughed off. I suspect the latter.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

This was one of the worst years in movies I can remember in a long time. Everything I was excited for was disappointing. Of the 57 movies/tv shows I saw only these stood out and none were on my radar pre 2015: Image

Besides Furious 7 every blockbuster was mediocre or shit, but even 7 was a step down from 5 and 6. Star Wars should've been better. Tarantino made his worst movie, Kaufman made his worst movie, Pixar made their worst movie, Inarritu made his worst movie, Arnold made a movie that rivals Batman & Robin for his worst movie. And if that wasn't bad enough we got these gems: Image

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

[quote="Pickpocket"]This was one of the worst years in movies I can remember in a long time. Everything I was excited for was disappointing. Of the 57 movies/tv shows I saw only these stood out and none were on my radar pre 2015: Image

Well now that you mention it, none of my top stuff was anticipated either, and has rarely been otherwise. But what does that say, certainly not that excellent movies aren't being made. It's all a matter of taste, some people have it, and a bunch more usually don't. :roll:

Bojangles
0 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

Stewball wrote:
mucow wrote:My two highest ranked films from 2015 were Inside Out and Mad Max... that's quite a pairing...

IMNTBHO children's/animated films have been severely wanting for the last 5 years. Either I've grown up, or they've sloughed off. I suspect the latter.

I watched a video the other day where Mark Kermode says it's a Golden Age of Animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiCmb6bmH0g