The Criticker Awards

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mr rigard
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Criticker Awards

Post by mr rigard »

Hey, Guys.

I think the thing I enjoy about Criticker the most is that (unlike other comparative minds sights) you guys focus upon an overall movie COMMUNITY. That being said, something that would be way cool and maybe assist in additional exposure would be if you guys could work on some type of Awards feature to co-incide with the Academy Awards.

I KNOW it would a huge endeavor, however in the long run I could see it being a very attractive and exciting feature of Criticker.

Therefore, if you guys (with your web-savvy) think you could pull something like this off. . , and if the community itself were to embrace the idea, I formally request that you add a separate forum for all members to discuss the project and particulars.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: The Criticker Awards

Post by mpowell »

That's not a bad idea... I could see us starting up a separate forum topic towards the end of the year, whose purpose is for users to discuss and ultimately vote on their favorite films of the year.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'm all in favor of this. I've taken part in similar things on other forums, and it can be quite a lot of fun.

All the same, perhaps this should be in the Feature Requests forum..? Not that it matters to me, just seems like it falls under that category.

sengir
0 Ratings

Post by sengir »

Like the idea, but it should have some unique categories ('most obscure' , best average tier and the such). Something unique to the site

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I'm all for that! It would also be cool to have a list of the top rated movies on criticker.

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

jnmovie wrote:It would also be cool to have a list of the top rated movies on criticker.

I so badly want this feature, and if possible for every genre. It would be interesting to see how Criticker's list would compare to iMDB's Top 250 lists.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

iceblox wrote:
jnmovie wrote:It would also be cool to have a list of the top rated movies on criticker.

I so badly want this feature, and if possible for every genre. It would be interesting to see how Criticker's list would compare to iMDB's Top 250 lists.

It would be ideal, and i believe it would be superior to imdb. People at criticker are much better at logically ranking a movie.

Nyx13
0 Ratings

Post by Nyx13 »

Best 2008 Summer Movie? Noms 'The Dark KNight or Iron Man?

Effie
0 Ratings

Post by Effie »

Nyx13 wrote:Best 2008 Summer Movie? Noms 'The Dark KNight or Iron Man?

I would have to vote for The Dark Knight. Heath Ledger's performance was awesome