Netflix API integration

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
rorqualmaru
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Netflix API integration

Post by rorqualmaru »

It would be cool if Netflix integration is in the works sometime in the future, hopefully not too far out though. I'm finding I'm suffering from rating fatigue lately...rate it on Netflix, rate it on Rotten Tomatoes, rate it on IMDB...it would be lovely if there was someway to rate it once and have it propagate through every site.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Re: Netflix API integration

Post by Quicky »

Kind of unlikely since all of those sites are competing businesses in one way or another ;).

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

rorqualmaru wrote:It would be cool if Netflix integration is in the works sometime in the future, hopefully not too far out though. I'm finding I'm suffering from rating fatigue lately...rate it on Netflix, rate it on Rotten Tomatoes, rate it on IMDB...it would be lovely if there was someway to rate it once and have it propagate through every site.

Dream on...

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Yeah, I don't really see us integrating with these other sites in any meaningful way.

The furthest we'll probably be able to go, is to offer a basic rankings import utility... something which we've been planning on offering for awhile. The main issue is that Criticker allows users to rank films on a flexible 0-100 scale, while most other sites stick with a 5-star or 1-10 system.

somnivore
0 Ratings

Post by somnivore »

I've just decided to add a collection of films available on Netflix instant. Details in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1187