Improve the Forums

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
emtilt
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Improve the Forums

Post by emtilt »

I like the updated site, but I'd like to throw in my two cents about what could be improved.

The forums, in my opinion, are terrible. In fact, they are the only thing about the new layout that I don't think works at all. The layout is not conducive to skimming for interesting topics or finding topics from the past. Why not something more in the vein of IMDB or a typical internet discussion forum?

TheAlliance
0 Ratings

Post by TheAlliance »

Another question (forum related), do you plan to allow us to make custom topics (like this one) in 'General category' ? I can't find a way to make my own thread, i thought a 'Suggestions for Criticker v4' thread would nice idea for a thread since v3 is more or less finished (apart from some bugs here and there, and some tweaks).

You're not finished with us yet, it's gonna be a long fall/winter for you guys :D

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hi emtilt - thanks for your note. The Forums are just about the only thing totally new to Criticker -- and new to us, too. We're aware that there are some navigational difficulties, and are going to work on rectifying them. Expect to see a lot of changes to the forum, as we learn how people are using them, and where the problems are.

TheAlliance: yes, we definitely plan on allowing people to add topics. It's just one of the things on our "Must Do" list that we've not yet gotten to. Thanks for continuing to point out problems by the way -- it's a lot of work for us, but it needs done!

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Is there a way that I can list my posts.. and of course other users posts too?

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

And I reiterate my request for a 'Member List'.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

flaky wrote:Is there a way that I can list my posts.. and of course other users posts too?

Have you tried the "Search for Author" functionality in the forum search page? (Not the easiest page to find, I'll grant :)
search.php

I was able to search on "Flaky" and get a list of 46 posts you've made.

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Thanks.. it works.. :)