Make specific collections invisible

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
djross
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Make specific collections invisible

Post by djross »

I know this is not a new idea, but it is one I would very much like to see happen. The introduction of the "collections" feature was great, as was the division into public, private and hidden types of collections (although in my view many users could be more judicious in deciding which of these three classifications to use for their collections). But the popularity of this function means, for example, that looking at the collections a movie belongs to inevitably tells us it is a member of User X's collection of the 2311 movies "they'd like to see" or User Y's collection of the 785 DVDs they own, and many many more such collections of little or no interest to anyone other than the creator of the collection.

It would be very nice to be able to decide which collections are visible and which invisible, by being able to turn off the visibility of collections on a case-by-case basis.

PeaceAnarchy
0 Ratings

Re: Make specific collections invisible

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

If I'm reading you right you're suggesting an "ignore collection" function to remove them from film pages. If that's the case then I would agree that this would be a very nice feature.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Starred collections (only) tab?
As well as/rather than process of elimination.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This is in our list of things to work on as "Ignore Collection" -- We'll update here when we get to it.

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

The number of collections a user sees for a particular film varies depending on their use of hidden collections. For me, 2001 is now showing as belonging to 189 collections. That is a lot, even if about 20 of them are mine! I am hoping that, in the 18 months since this thread was started, adding the "Ignore this collection" functionality has moved up to a high position on your to-do list.

Bullt
0 Ratings

Post by Bullt »

Requesting this. It's gonna be very useful improvement in collections. My main ignoring themes would be:

-Academy awards nominees
-Academy awards winners
-All things about academy
-Festival screenings
-Box office
-Some people think changing their imdb import list to public is cool
-I don't care who watches movies in theaters (these are private but still showing at film page)
-or netflix instant or some "this site is not available at your country" websites.
-imdb top250

Please do this

Ag0stoMesmer
354 Ratings

Post by Ag0stoMesmer »

On pressing the 'Create a new collection' link the default is to make the new collection public.

Making 'Hidden' the default may go some small way to reducing (accidental at least) sharing of obviously personal collections.