Director TCI?

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Prince Sandy
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Director TCI?

Post by Prince Sandy »

I'm not sure if this makes any sense, but I notice there are average rating scores on the directors page, would it be possible to generate TCI on directors, or at least give recommendations on directors that you haven't seen? Obviously you sort of get this through film recommendations, but there are a lot less directors out there than there are films, and it's an approach that may be more reliable than simple film recomendations.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Re: Director TCI?

Post by Quicky »

This actually seems like an interesting feature. It could give extra weight to a movie that isn't really appreciated by your movie taste buddies, but is from a director that you actually really like. However what you mean is not a Director TCI, but a Director PSI (Probably Score Indicator). TCI's are the numbers that show how good your taste compares with someone else. PSI's are the numbers that tell you how likely it is that you'll like a movie.

It would be especially useful for me if the Director PSI's would be listed on the movie pages as well, so that I could use them in my recommendations system :P.

Prince Sandy
0 Ratings

Post by Prince Sandy »

Yeah, PSI, I'm getting my terminology mixed up. I mean for the actual director though, not the films. Not for films from directors you've already seen, i mean I can already look up films from directors I know I like, I don't need a PSI to tell me that.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

That is an interesting suggestion. It would be a great way to explore directors you may not be familiar with. We've added it to our list of possible enhancements for the future. Thanks!