Wipe TCI when a user was not logged in for a long time?

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Wipe TCI when a user was not logged in for a long time?

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Hi

When i look at my worst TCI there are people who ranked some movies a year ago the last time.

My worst TCI is TCI 5.0000 tinytoy, the user ranked 40films and is always shown at my worst TCI.

You know what i mean?

Someone who dont logged in for like 6months shouldnt be taken into the TCI PSI consideration.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Re: Wipe TCI when a user was not logged in for a long time?

Post by Quicky »

Darko wrote:Someone who didn't log in for like 6 months shouldn't be taken into the TCI PSI consideration.

Why not?

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Consider the reverse. My best TCI hasn't rated since February 2005.

( :( )

td888
0 Ratings

Post by td888 »

@Darko: I agree with Quicky. It still can be 'valid' rankings. Why don't you increase your "Films in Common Min" percentage to above 40? (tinytoy has only 40 films ranked). You're gonna loose him (her?) then.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the suggestion. Our feeling is that TCIs are still valid, even when a person hasn't ranked anything in a long time. It'd be an interesting filter, though, for the TCIs box... show your best TCIs which have ranked a film within the last month, or so. We wouldn't wipe the others, but it'd be a different way to view data.

I'll write it down as a possible enhancement for the future. Thanks!

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

mpowell wrote:It'd be an interesting filter, though, for the TCIs box... show your best TCIs which have ranked a film within the last month, or so. We wouldn't wipe the others, but it'd be a different way to view data.

I agree. The reason Darko (and myself as well) don't like to see old TCI's is--as I assume Darko will agree--because we like to invest our time into getting to know people who are still dedicated to this site. Nevertheless, as td888 pointed out and as I implied with my first response, the data from this inactive person is still useful to calculate PSI's. So a filter would keep the data, yet allow us to concentrate on people who are still active in the community.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

td888 wrote:@Darko: I agree with Quicky. It still can be 'valid' rankings. Why don't you increase your "Films in Common Min" percentage to above 40? (tinytoy has only 40 films ranked). You're gonna loose him (her?) then.

I have the "Films in Common Min" >150movies.
i just checked and in my lowst TCI are more people with only some movies ranked.
That is why I made this topic, because i thought the lowest TCI list will never change.
Somehow the %movie Filter doesnt work for me on the low TCI list.

you & Bigdave87
Taste Compatibility Index: not enough films
# Films in Common: 40

you & tinytoy
Taste Compatibility Index: not enough films
# Films in Common: 20

Both are in my worst tci list on top

td888
0 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Darko wrote:Somehow the %movie Filter doesnt work for me on the low TCI list.

You're right. My mistake. It looks like a bug then?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Ahh ... yeah, it's a bug. It looks like when the new Films In Common is set, we don't go look back through the old ones and unset those that don't meet the minimum. We should.

We'll try and get to that soon.