Date of Ranking in the Export Lists

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
iceblox
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Date of Ranking in the Export Lists

Post by iceblox »

Can you PLEASE include an additional field in the export lists which shows the date on which I ranked the movie? I usually rank the movie immediately after watching it so this will also help me keep track of when I actually watched the movie. I think this is especially needed at least in the 'Ordered By Date Ranked' export list.

Thank You. :)

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Re: Date of Ranking in the Export Lists

Post by paulofilmo »

The XML button provides a date (<reviewdate>) under the mini-review.

Teeny bit awkward, but it's there.

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

I see it now, Thanks. I wonder if it can be made available in the HTML format too. That's the one I use usually. I have no use for the XML format.

P.S: How do people use the XML format anyway? Do they export it to any external app or something? If not, don't all the tags make it unreadable? It does for me.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hmm... this is likely just an oversight, as the XML and HTML versions should be identical in terms of content. We'll look into it soon.

Thanks!

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

Thanks. :)

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, this has been corrected, and the Date Ranked now appears in the HTML output. It will appear with the next regeneration, after you rank a new film.

Thanks again for pointing this out!

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Ta for this. Very useful for me, too.

iceblox
0 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

Mike, thanks for adding that. If it isn't too much, can the date format be compacted a bit more, from the current "Oct 02 2008, 03:35" to just "Oct 02, '08"? It looks slightly cluttered right now since it wraps 3 lines. I don't think the review time is that important as the date and as far as I am concerned, can be omitted. Not a big deal if this can't be done.

PeaceAnarchy
0 Ratings

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

Just want to say that I too appreciate this. It's one of those little things I've been wanting for a while but kept forgetting to ask about.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

iceblox wrote:If it isn't too much, can the date format be compacted a bit more, from the current "Oct 02 2008, 03:35" to just "Oct 02, '08"

We're going to leave this for now ... we always like to err on the side of too much information, and wrapping is something that depends on the size of window, the length of film names, etc. We don't include any default formatting in the export file, meaning it'd be very difficult to appease everyone once we start worrying about stylistic concerns.