The Actor/Movie Game

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
jakedoo
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Actor/Movie Game

Post by jakedoo »

I would love to see more fun things to do on Criticker.com and I have a great idea for a simple but fun game.

My friends and I like to play the following game for inspiration when we are trying to pick a movie to watch. One person names an actor, then another person names a movie that actor was in. The next person names a different actor that was in that same movie and so on. For example: "Harrison Ford" --> "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" --> "Sean Connery" --> "The Rock" --> "Nicholas Cage" --> "City of Angels" and so on...

The game could be implemented into Criticker.com in the following way:
1st - Criticker asks the user to enter the name of an actor
2nd - Criticker randomly lists two movies that actor was in (the two movies would be displayed as clickable buttons)
3rd - The user clicks on one of the two movies
4th - Criticker displays two actors (as clickable buttons) from the movie that was clicked
5th - The user clicks one of the actor buttons (go to 2nd step and repeat)

The purpose of this game is three fold:

1- To kill time :)
2- To discover a movie you might like to see
3- To discover an actor you might like to find out more about

Next to each movie title and actor name could be a clickable link to go to the appropriate Criticker page as well as the "Seen It" button to rank the movie.

Let me know what you guys think, and thanks to the Criticker developers for the great website! Also thanks to "Quicky" who's post inspired my own, viewtopic.php?f=8&t=641

Jake

mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Actor/Movie Game

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the awesome idea! That sounds similar to a game my family and I used to play in the car on long trips.

We do have plans to add fun features like this to Criticker, and I've added this as an idea to look into. The way you've laid it out, it doesn't seem as though it would be too hard to implement, and I can definitely see that it would be fun.