Order by worst TCI

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
cagedwisdom
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Order by worst TCI

Post by cagedwisdom »

By far no priority to speak of considering how much you guys have to work on, but would it be possible, akin to the feature on the your TCIs page to view the bottom 10 TCIs, to have the rankings on a film page sorted by your worst TCIs rather than best? I realize that, for this to work, you'd have to at all times generate more bad TCIs (about as many as your best, I'd imagine), and I don't know how bandwith-consuming that is, so I don't know how feasible you'd consider it.

It'd be a feature I'd be sure to use though; I browse through my worst TCIs about once a month, just because I like to see what people with different tastes than me think.

Forgot to mention, in a similar vein (or, perhaps, instead of this), I'd like to be able to sort the rankings simply by best rated/worst rated. If I see a film on which I have a very high PSI, I'll usually overlook the high ratings to seek out bad ones (with mini-reviews) to see what flaws the film might have. Similarly, on bad PSI films I seek out high ratings to see if the film might have redeeming features that I appreciate enough to outweigh it's flaws. I guess that option is somewhat what I'm really requesting here. :)

For instance, if I had the option to select "sort rankings by lowest tier" and "sort rankings by highest tier" in addition to "show only rankings with reviews" that would be an incredible addition to Criticker in my eyes.

mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Order by worst TCI

Post by mpowell »

For ordering by worst TCI, you're right to suspect that we'd have to generate and store a much greater range of TCIs, in order to make this useful. Eventually, we'd like to improve Criticker to be able to store every TCI, and which point something like this would become possible.

The idea about filtering film rankings out based just on good or bad reviews is an interesting one... I actually find myself doing exactly the same thing you do, often. I've written this down as an enhancement to look into. It'd be an extra filter for film rankings.

As always, thanks for the suggestions!