Main profile view should default to recent ratings

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Moribunny
207 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Main profile view should default to recent ratings

Post by Moribunny »

A recent change made viewing one's own profile default to showing featured reviews.

Featured reviews is cute but not really a bedrock feature of criticker. Even when I enter somebody else's profile, I tend to switch to their recent ratings which are more immediately interesting than featured reviews.

But that is even truer when viewing one's own profile. I really don't need to see reviews I set to feature, it is old news to me, and it's annoying to have to instantly click on recent ratings every time. Recent ratings is where I routinely need to go to add reviews to titles which I recently rated, or tweak recent ratings or reviews, or just be reminded of my recent watching history.

Freundh
0 Ratings

Re: Main profile view should default to recent ratings

Post by Freundh »

How do you go to your own profile? I click my name in the top right corner and it takes me to a page which shows my recent reviews. That page has a "View your profile as it appears to others" link, but that also shows my recent reviews. However if I look at your profile page I see only featured reviews.

td888
0 Ratings

Post by td888 »

Mine shows Featured Reviews too, which I find annoying.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Yeah, we're aware that this happened recently, and have classified it as a bug. On your own profile, you should not need to see Featured Reviews. We'll be fixing that up soon.