Adding actors puts them first

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
howler19
249 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Adding actors puts them first

Post by howler19 »

I'm not sure this is a bug per se, but it bothers me and I don't think it's meant to happen. It's been happening since the site was redesigned recently.

Whenever I add new actors, who are usually playing relatively small roles in films, they are now put first and are the only ones visible on the 'overview' page. To provide one example, I just added a few actors to the Uncharted movie. https://www.criticker.com/film/Uncharted/
Last edited by howler19 on Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: Adding actors puts them first

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for reporting this! You're right that this is something new. It isn't necessarily related to the new Title Information Page, but another project we've been working on.

Eventually, we want to have actors ordered in an intelligent way, and even allow users to order them. We've done a bit of work toward that goal, and this is what's causing the behavior you're seeing. You're right that, for now, adding new actors should add them to the bottom and not the top of the list, so we'll look into fixing that up!

howler19
249 Ratings

Re: Adding actors puts them first

Post by howler19 »

Good stuff. I'm glad to hear you're working on something there!