Sorting ratings by TCI

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
djross
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Sorting ratings by TCI

Post by djross »

On a Film Title page, when I sort ratings or reviews by TCI, it limits the reviews/ratings shown to those within the boundary of the calculation of TCI. What this means is that, for example, I recently looked at a title page, filtered for reviews and sorted by TCI, and the result was that it said that there were four reviews but only two were displayed. To see all four reviews, it was necessary to sort by date or percentile, in other words, in a way where TCI was not relevant.

Is this intentional? It used to be the case that sorting by TCI did not exclude those that were outside the bounds of the TCI calculation, but only listed them last. This seems better than the current situation, where ratings or reviews are excluded when sorted by TCI.

This is a particular problem if I filter by Kumpel and sort by TCI. In that case, even though I have hand-picked my Kumpels and obviously want to see their ratings and reviews, it is still the case that sorting by TCI will exclude Kumpels who do not have a calculable TCI.

Given the fact that, for me, a calculable TCI requires the user to have 532 films in common with me, and that I can obviously choose Kumpels who may have many things in common with me but fall below that threshold, it seems wrong to exclude them from the list just because I'm sorting by TCI.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: Sorting ratings by TCI

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:41 pm
On a Film Title page, when I sort ratings or reviews by TCI, it limits the reviews/ratings shown to those within the boundary of the calculation of TCI. What this means is that, for example, I recently looked at a title page, filtered for reviews and sorted by TCI, and the result was that it said that there were four reviews but only two were displayed. To see all four reviews, it was necessary to sort by date or percentile, in other words, in a way where TCI was not relevant.

Is this intentional? It used to be the case that sorting by TCI did not exclude those that were outside the bounds of the TCI calculation, but only listed them last. This seems better than the current situation, where ratings or reviews are excluded when sorted by TCI.

This is a particular problem if I filter by Kumpel and sort by TCI. In that case, even though I have hand-picked my Kumpels and obviously want to see their ratings and reviews, it is still the case that sorting by TCI will exclude Kumpels who do not have a calculable TCI.

Given the fact that, for me, a calculable TCI requires the user to have 532 films in common with me, and that I can obviously choose Kumpels who may have many things in common with me but fall below that threshold, it seems wrong to exclude them from the list just because I'm sorting by TCI.
Yeah, this isn't intentional -- it's meant to show the people w/out TCI at the end of the list. It's likely related to a recent fix we made to handle displaying data for titles with very large number of ratings.

Sorry about that! I've just filed a bug, and we'll be taking a look at this soon!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: Sorting ratings by TCI

Post by mpowell »

This one should be fixed now! Full details here. Thanks so much for reporting it, and let us know if anything is still amiss!