Modal annoyance when selecting text

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
Scholar69420
Your TCI: na

Modal annoyance when selecting text

Post by Scholar69420 »

Here's something about the modal that I find irritating. When using the cursor to select a portion of text inside of the modal, you must finish your cursor button click-n-hold inside of the modal, otherwise it closes.

This makes it so that the kind of quick click & drag flick movement you usually use for selecting everything in a textbox will inadvertently close the modal. (since the cursor may easily stray outside of the bounds of the modal) Forcing the user to end their click and drag procedure with the cursor inside of the modal is an annoyance.

Closing the modal with a click makes sense, closing it with an unclick does not.

mpowell

Re: Modal annoyance when selecting text

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for pointing this out -- I don't think we probably tested for this particular use case, but I see what you mean.

We'll take a look into fixing this behavior, so that the modal isn't closing when you don't expect it to!

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

This one should now be fixed! You can read more details here.

Scholar69420

Post by Scholar69420 »

Thanks for fixing this bug, it makes a big difference for usability. Funny how the patch notes explain in one sentence what took me three paragraphs

mpowell

Post by mpowell »

Nah, you explained it perfectly!! In things like this, the more detail the better :) Glad it's working again.