DOOM HOUSE!!!

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
KGB
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

DOOM HOUSE!!!

Post by KGB »

Now I honestly have no idea why this is on Criticker. That film is as much of a proper film as shorts by other indie comedy groups, like Those Aren't Muskets or Olde English, are. They aren't bad, they are actually very funny - but I wouldn't upload them to Criticker on any circumstances.
I will admit, though... That's the funniest fucking thing I've ever seen. I literally fell of my chair. I can only think of one time I laughed so hard, and I don't think they compare. Basically it's an old shtick, making an intentionally bad film. But Jesus Christ, that second guy with the squircky noise that kinda looked like the little kid from 'Malcolm in the Middle' was hillarious.
"Evidence... of... A DOOM HOUSE!!!!!!1!". I could repeat that all night long.

Philip
0 Ratings

Re: DOOM HOUSE!!!

Post by Philip »

KGB, I generally like your taste and you're on my top TCI's, so take no offence when I say WHAT THE FUCK!? That "movie" is bad even for an internet movie! I'd say it has one (1) funny moment, and that's if I'm being nice! It's not a "good parody", a good parody requires that you capture the key elements of a genre and make fun of them. "Doom House" (here I would have liked a smiley throwing up, but I couldn't find one) is simply a cliché acted poorly. Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very (You get the point) poorly. Once again: What the fuck?

(I apologise for the harsh tone, it's just that I lost my faith in humanity when I saw my PSI for this... thing was 73. So I'm not really on top of my game right now)

Filligan
204 Ratings

Post by Filligan »

Lighten up, Phil.

snarky
0 Ratings

Post by snarky »

Stairs? (I haven't paid much attention to the list of goons on here over in Cinema Discusso)

I liked doom house, I saw it simply because it was tied to Something Awful, and it's not bad. Far from great-but it's very much the SA style of humor. Not quite as good as the rifftrax for Trolls 2, but still a decent short film.

Philip
0 Ratings

Post by Philip »

Filligan wrote:Lighten up, Phil.

My irony aperantly didn't go through. My apologies.

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Well, what can I possibly say? You're probably right anyway. The acting is intentionally so bad there isn't quite a word to describe it, and all these jokes were probably used already. There are better shorts on the internet.
And still... During over 15 minutes, I watched it three times a night. And would watch it again. When that guy comes in the house, a lousy T-shirt and no shoes on, pretending to be a cop and screaming 'DOOM HOUSE!!!', there's just nothing I can do. I can't think of anything funnier than that, at least not something I saw on the internet, except for - maybe - Edgar (yeah, I probably have a fucked up taste of humour when going through the internet).

[spoiler]Image
"You stubborn mule! Now you know the secret! I am a terrorist and this house is built on a terrorist burial ground!"[/spoiler]

Philip
0 Ratings

Post by Philip »

KGB wrote:Well, what can I possibly say? You're probably right anyway. The acting is intentionally so bad there isn't quite a word to describe it, and all these jokes were probably used already. There are better shorts on the internet.
And still... During over 15 minutes, I watched it three times a night. And would watch it again. When that guy comes in the house, a lousy T-shirt and no shoes on, pretending to be a cop and screaming 'DOOM HOUSE!!!', there's just nothing I can do. I can't think of anything funnier than that, at least not something I saw on the internet, except for - maybe - Edgar (yeah, I probably have a fucked up taste of humour when going through the internet).

Ok, that settles it. I'm never taking you're advice again when it comes to comedies =P