47 Ronin

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
JooJoo
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

47 Ronin

Post by JooJoo »

Am I the only one who went from stunned silence to cracking up laughing when seeing this abomination named as The 47 Ronin?

fucking goddamn it Hollywood. Some things should be sacred.

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Re: 47 Ronin

Post by Spunkie »

As Keanu rightfully puts it: "if we do this, there is no coming back.". I'm beyond caring, let'em sink.

edkrak
132 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

I think that it looks like it might be a good, silly fun. I'll give it a chance.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Visually it looks pretty good. Otherwise, 'bout as good as others in the genre (take that any way you like). And besides, a movie about a half-breed can't be all bad.

martryn
148 Ratings

Post by martryn »

I'm a fan of Reeves (if not necessarily his film roles). I want this movie to do well, and hope I have a chance to see it in theaters. I love samurai shit, and despite being soured by The Last Samurai, this one looks like it's a nice mix of action, samurais, and fantasy.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

martryn wrote:I'm a fan of Reeves (if not necessarily his film roles). I want this movie to do well, and hope I have a chance to see it in theaters. I love samurai shit, and despite being soured by The Last Samurai, this one looks like it's a nice mix of action, samurais, and fantasy.

I like some of Reeve's stuff too (The Matrix, The Devil's Advocate, Henry's Crime and even Constantine), but this, with monsters and dragons.....deliver me.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

My girlfriend mentioned a desire to watch this picture. I categorically refused.

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

ShogunRua wrote:My girlfriend mentioned a desire to watch this picture. I categorically refused.

Surprised this isn't grounds for break up

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

mattorama12 wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:My girlfriend mentioned a desire to watch this picture. I categorically refused.

I have learned to accept her occasionally awful movie taste. Two of the worst flicks I watched this year (and maybe ever), "Drop Dead Fred" and "The First Wives' Club", were selections she made on our Netflix Instant Queue. Meanwhile, she hated Fellini's "I Clowns" so much that she stopped watching halfway through. Granted, she hates clowns.

Overall though, she has much better taste than the vast majority of my previous girlfriends.

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

ShogunRua wrote:
mattorama12 wrote:

I have learned to accept her occasionally awful movie taste. Two of the worst flicks I watched this year (and maybe ever), "Drop Dead Fred" and "The First Wives' Club", were selections she made on our Netflix Instant Queue. Meanwhile, she hated Fellini's "I Clowns" so much that she stopped watching halfway through. Granted, she hates clowns.

Overall though, she has much better taste than the vast majority of my previous girlfriends.

I hope you realized I was kidding anyway. Coincidentally, on dates this year I saw two of the worst movies I've ever seen in theaters: The Lone Ranger (on a date with a girl with generally great movie taste, but she had free tickets for this) and Grown Ups 2 (we hadn't planned on seeing a movie and it was the only thing playing at the time...she convinced me that it would be fun bc it would be so bad (she was wrong)).