Revamped Title Information Page

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Revamped Title Information Page

Post by mpowell »

AFlickering wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 12:14 am
i believe the kumpel average rating is also missing right now, which i use pretty regularly when making watchlists and whatnot. can you make it so the avg on the top right changes to this when you click the kumpels tab?
This should now be working! When viewing Kumpels ratings, you should see the Average Percentile rating for your set of kumpels.

Thanks again for submitting the bug!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:55 am
Does the new title page show the date I rated a title? On the old title page, right under where it shows my rating for a title, it'll say something like: "Rated on July 11th, 2016". I don't see that sentence on the new title page. I would expect to see it right by the rating box.
This has now been fixed! You'll see the date you rated the title underneath the Rating box:

On mobile, it will be toward the bottom of the page, under "History". Hope this helps, and thanks to everyone who submitted the bug!

SinnerMa
0 Ratings

Post by SinnerMa »

Really missing the update any missing or incorrect data field on both the new and old screens

(added on edit) woops and there it is still.... maybe it's just not available on the detailed "waiting review by staff" page?? Should be there IMO, to cater for forgotten items on the submission - eg personally I forgot to add a trailer and then couldn't.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

SinnerMa wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:21 am
Really missing the update any missing or incorrect data field on both the new and old screens

(added on edit) woops and there it is still.... maybe it's just not available on the detailed "waiting review by staff" page?? Should be there IMO, to cater for forgotten items on the submission - eg personally I forgot to add a trailer and then couldn't.
Yep, it's there at the bottom of the page :) That's a good suggestion about editing (and viewing) previous suggestions. This is something we would actually like to build out in a more comprehensive way... allowing for edits and also seeing when your submissions were approved, or whether they're still pending. It's something we've got on the back-burner. For now, we do try and get to submissions within a couple days, but sometimes fall a little behind.

90sCoffee
21 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

mpowell wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:25 am
And we’ve entirely re-imagined the mobile experience for Criticker, finally making the site fun to use from a phone.
I think one of the three things that would help this site grow the most is an actual app which comes up when you search Movie Ratings. The one there used to be was pretty solid and if you've now better optimized the site for mobile then you can probably work with a mobile app developer to develop a pretty good app imo.

The site really needs an injection of more ratings especially for newer films and a strong mobile app like Letterboxd has will help with that.

PetrosTser
0 Ratings

Post by PetrosTser »

Hi everyone,

I have a question about a change that I think was synchronous with the new title page. I have noticed that the colours of my ratings under the Your Review section are different to the custom colours that I have assigned to my ratings and which appear under the Your Score section (as well as elsewhere on the site, e.g. my profile). Specifically, the problem is present in the following ratings (I rate in tens): 60 (which should be light green but is yellow), and 50-40 (which should both be yellow but are red). Everything else works as it should (100-80 green, 70 light green, 30-0 red). Apologies if someone has already commented on this; I searched the threads, however all the similarly-themed posts I saw weren't quite about this issue. Thank you in advance!

Also, I should take this opportunity to say that I really enjoy the new title page - well done! I liked the old one too, yet it's telling that after 13 years of using this site, I haven't felt the need to switch back to it whatsoever. There's always room for improvement in everything of course, and there have been constructive comments and good ideas from the community that could make it even better, but you certainly have my vote of confidence. Thanks for all the great years and here's to many more!

Cheers,
Petros

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hi Petros! Thanks so much for the vote of confidence!

Hmm... sorry to hear that about the colors of your rankings. We'll definitely check this out -- we've looked into a similar problem for PSIs, so this might be connected. Once we have a chance to dig in and fix it up, we'll report back here!

Thanks again :)

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:40 pm
Dorkovsky wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:02 pm
i want to reiterate my largest grievance in this thread. movies i have ranked should have the score in a perfect square and movies i haven't should have the psi with the rounded edges. thank you.
That's how it is in the old version. Was this swap intentional? I agree that perfect square feels more right for a rated movie and that rounded square feels more right for an unrated movie. Maybe I'm just used to the old way though.
Was it ever decided/announced what the situation is for the curved corner square vs pointed corner square for a rated film? I'm still having a hard time adjusting to a curved corner square for my own ratings. The old way of curved for not rated and pointed for rated was better to me and visually easier to parse in my opinion.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

PetrosTser wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:54 pm
I have noticed that the colours of my ratings under the Your Review section are different to the custom colours that I have assigned to my ratings and which appear under the Your Score section (as well as elsewhere on the site, e.g. my profile).
I think we got this one fixed up! Could you check again?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:03 am
Was it ever decided/announced what the situation is for the curved corner square vs pointed corner square for a rated film? I'm still having a hard time adjusting to a curved corner square for my own ratings. The old way of curved for not rated and pointed for rated was better to me and visually easier to parse in my opinion.
This is a design decision we're still kind of going back-and-forth on -- we'll let you know once it's been decided!