Big (and Wide) New Changes Coming to Criticker - March 4th

This is where you'll find information about updates to the site -- new features we've introduced, bugs we've fixed, and anything else which might be of interest to the community!
morphinapg
319 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Big (and Wide) New Changes Coming to Criticker - March 4th

Post by morphinapg »

Tiers are a different thing than the colors/quips thing, right?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

morphinapg wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:00 pm
Tiers are a different thing than the colors/quips thing, right?
Yes, they're different -- colors and quips aren't being touched.

Tds4a
420 Ratings

Post by Tds4a »

Sorry to be a pain, but on that note about colours/quips, mine have completely changed - I still have them set in the manual tool but to no avail. I'm now missing a light green category and two other levels have automatically changed colour/quip

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Tds4a wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:07 am
Sorry to be a pain, but on that note about colours/quips, mine have completely changed - I still have them set in the manual tool but to no avail. I'm now missing a light green category and two other levels have automatically changed colour/quip
You're not being a pain!! We really depend on our users to let us know when things aren't working right, so thanks for reporting this!

I believe we've fixed it up now, if you could take another look. Let us know if it's still misbehaving!

SinnerMa
0 Ratings

Post by SinnerMa »

Sorry but IMHO it's a step back.

'Sad to see the original layout go. The width of the new layout makes it miles less pleasant to read reviews than when they were in those neat little boxes to one side.

IMO reviewers that don't bother to write an opinion (or a why) are to be (mostly) ignored!

Re-add the IMDB link please

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

SinnerMa wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:23 am

'Sad to see the original layout go. The width of the new layout makes it miles less pleasant to read reviews than when they were in those neat little boxes to one side.

IMO reviewers that don't bother to write an opinion (or a why) are to be (mostly) ignored!

Thanks for those thoughts -- even when they're not positive, it's really important for us to hear this feedback, and we do appreciate it!

The IMDB link should still be there, with the rest of the film information:

SinnerMa
0 Ratings

Post by SinnerMa »

mpowell wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:39 am
SinnerMa wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:23 am

Thanks for those thoughts -- even when they're not positive, it's really important for us to hear this feedback, and we do appreciate it!

The IMDB link should still be there, with the rest of the film information:

Looking at 100 Yen Love and The Lower Depths but can't see a page that looks completely like yours (ie no link, country etc etc)

Your shot is also lacking (and I'd love to add a copy but I can't attach it)

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

SinnerMa wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:52 am
...Looking at 100 Yen Love and The Lower Depths but can't see a page that looks completely like yours (ie no link, country etc etc)...
When you load a movie page, near the top of the page it says "Starring:" and then lists about 3 or 4 actors. Right after that list of actors is a "More" button. Click that "More" button, and it expands this section to show more actors and the IMDB link, etc.

Tds4a
420 Ratings

Post by Tds4a »

mpowell wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:16 am
Tds4a wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:07 am
You're not being a pain!! We really depend on our users to let us know when things aren't working right, so thanks for reporting this!

I believe we've fixed it up now, if you could take another look. Let us know if it's still misbehaving!
Ah great, it is indeed fixed. Thanks

SinnerMa
0 Ratings

Post by SinnerMa »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:35 pm
SinnerMa wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:52 am
...Looking at 100 Yen Love and The Lower Depths but can't see a page that looks completely like yours (ie no link, country etc etc)...
When you load a movie page, near the top of the page it says "Starring:" and then lists about 3 or 4 actors. Right after that list of actors is a "More" button. Click that "More" button, and it expands this section to show more actors and the IMDB link, etc.
AAH, thanks