How do you obtain the films you watch?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
iceblox
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: How do you obtain the films you watch?

Post by iceblox »

stuie299 wrote:As for those who download films, what website do you use?

Mostly piratebay.se and kat.ph. Private torrent sites have the issue of closing out inactive accounts + getting in is a pain. TPB and KAT works for me. *shrug*

Luna6ix
0 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

TheDenizen wrote:
stuie299 wrote:My guess would be that a small portion of criticker users have Netflix (like myself), a small portion buy or occasionally buy Blu-rays/DVDs, Some rent stuff from the library, but my guess is that the majority of people illegally download their content. Would this be a fare assessment?

No. A fare assessment would be something like: "$1.25 to ride the subway? That's an outrageous price!"

Serious answer? all of the above.[/q

He's so punny.

I watch most of mine via television, because i work for a major cable company i get tv and internet for free. I also watch a fair amount of movies and shows via netflix. For things i go out of my way to watch i get the netflix discs still, and for hard to get stuff i go internet. I still go to the theaters 1-2 times per month.

Gregzilla
182 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

On Demand cable and Internet downloading mostly. DVDs and the Cinema less so.

The Internet Archive have a lot of old movies to DL and now with Torrents too!

stuie299
42 Ratings

Post by stuie299 »

iceblox wrote:
stuie299 wrote:As for those who download films, what website do you use?

Mostly piratebay.se and kat.ph. Private torrent sites have the issue of closing out inactive accounts + getting in is a pain. TPB and KAT works for me. *shrug*

I used to use TPB for music but have since switched to direct download sites like Mediafire. I found it irritating how everything worked fine for a while but then all of a sudden nothing would download. My problem is most direct download sites have file limits for non premium users.

Mentaculus
105 Ratings

Post by Mentaculus »

Luna6ix wrote:I watch most of mine via television, because i work for a major cable company i get tv and internet for free. I also watch a fair amount of movies and shows via netflix. For things i go out of my way to watch i get the netflix discs still, and for hard to get stuff i go internet. I still go to the theaters 1-2 times per month.

I blind buy a lot of hard media on the cheap. I'm not trying to joke, that's seriously what I do. :oops: Everything else I get on Netflix. For really hard to find stuff, I get it from my old film distribution job or from TPB and or Isohunt.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Older stuff I watch on free satellite. O/W I see recent releases in theaters and what's worth re-watching I buy on blu ray. I've never, NEVER, downloaded one movie illegally.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

We buy a ton of DVDs. LIke a ridiculous amount. We also have Netflix, Hulu Plus, Amazon Prime etc. Then lastly we will record anything we missed to Tivo or watch it on demand. We like movies. :lol:

afx237vi
0 Ratings

Post by afx237vi »

My 100 most recent rankings:

Recorded from TV: 77
DVD: 5
Downloaded / streamed: 18

I ♥ TCM.

Svengali
0 Ratings

Post by Svengali »

I don't have TCM or that much fancy movie channels, public network shows some good stuff at times - I've seen a few Fellini films and a month ago or so they showed The Cook, The Thief His Wife and Her Lover actually. I usually check what's on TV pretty much every day and even if it isn't a film that isn't up among my first priorities to watch I usually take the chance to watch it if it's something interesting.

I download a fair amount as well even though I try to do it as little as I can, mostly from pirate bay and I just recently became a member of this Brazilian private tracker somehow which looks interesting.

I also use Lovefilm, they send me 2 films a month. Right now I have Dead Ringers and Do The Right Thing, works well for me.

I seem to be the minority here but I watch a good amount from Youtube also, pretty much all Bergman films are there plus loads of other mostly foreign stuff. If you're lucky you can encounter high quality classics as well, for example I watched a HQ version of 12 Angry Men a couple of months ago but I doubt it's still there. Quality is sometimes a problem though.

For DVD and Bluray I try to buy whenever I feel I have the money, I plan on going a shopping spree in a week or so and buy shit like The Holy Mountain, Tetsuo: The Iron Man, August Underground's Mordum, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Pink Flamingos, Blind Beast... most of the time I try to buy the really long pictures on DVD or Bluray - I already have Berlin Alexanderplatz and Satantango and I plan on getting Napoleon, Scenes From a Marriage and Time of the Gypsies.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Svengali wrote:I seem to be the minority here but I watch a good amount from Youtube also, pretty much all Bergman films are there plus loads of other mostly foreign stuff. If you're lucky you can encounter high quality classics as well, for example I watched a HQ version of 12 Angry Men a couple of months ago but I doubt it's still there. Quality is sometimes a problem though.

Yes, YouTube has seen me right on many occasions when I've wanted to catch a film but couldn't get hold of it. Only problem is I hate watching films on small screens like laptops since it inevitably detracts from the viewing experience. Otherwise, YouTube is surprisingly great for seeing some out-of-the-way foreign films.