Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
dardan
57 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by dardan »

philamental wrote:The abstract image approach tends to be a little more inclusive in theory as you only have to have heard of the film to have a chance to play. At the same time I expect that some people will just not be of the mindset to figure out those clues whereas it will come easily to others, so my point is that each approach (full screen, cropped image, abstract image) will favour/interest it's own subset of players but I don't see that as a problem in the slightest. In contrast variety is the spice of life as they say, and if the different approaches encourage more regular participation from players then it should be good for the thread overall.

Well said.

#1: -2, ?, 3, 13, 20, 35, 49, 69

#2: Image

#3: Image

This could be a bit difficult, but it has 2500+ rankings.

bowfinger
0 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Here are the 3 other games (that I know of) that slipped into oblivion over the years:

New Pic Game:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2822
Guess the Movie Poster from the puzzle piece:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4250
Guess the movie from the clues:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1318

What you guys have revived here is the first one in the list, New Pic game, which was my favorite alternative to the image game.

I gave all three of them a bump so that they will have resurfaced on the general discussion list.

I'd love to see all these games revived, which I failed to do back then and eventually forgot about them, but I think, after this one by Dardan, it'd be best to keep the different games within their respective threads. As a matter of fact, someone can take a go in any of them right now.

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Three Colours: Blue?

#1: No luck working that sequence out, so THREE is as good a guess as any for me.
#2: COLOURS because of the colours.
#3: Democrat = BLUE.

dardan
57 Ratings

Post by dardan »

Yes, it is 'Three Colors: Blue'. Well done.

The first clue constisted of two sequences of adding either 5 + 0, 5 + 12, 5 + 24 or 10 + 0, 10 + 12 etc.

e.g.: -2 + (5 + 0) = 3. 3 + (5 + 12) = 20. 20 + (5 + 24) = 49.

Reviving one of those other threads sounds like a good idea.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Ha ha!

Obama drinking a pint of Guinness while giving a thumbs up = Blue!

I'd never have gotten that in a million years! :D I'm going to be so rubbish at these ones :D

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I'm amazed that was correct. Admittedly, I did spend my last half hour at work thinking about it...

VinegarBob
30 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

Hmm...the film that immediately comes to mind is Le Samouraï.

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Correctamundo

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I think you're doing something a little different from the 'new pic game'.

It goes like this: I'll post 3 random pics that when connected, will give you the clues to a specific movie. You must name the film from the pics.

Where it was more to do with occurrences/key elements in the film, rather than the name of the film.

I like this one from mwgerb.

Or an easier one from somnivore.

bercutio wrote:I'd love to see all these games revived, which I failed to do back then and eventually forgot about them, but I think, after this one by Dardan, it'd be best to keep the different games within their respective threads. As a matter of fact, someone can take a go in any of them right now.

May I differ in opinion and suggest we continue in the glorious spirit of clusterfuckery?

VinegarBob
30 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

paulofilmo wrote:May I differ in opinion and suggest we continue in the glorious spirit of clusterfuckery?

Freeform clusterfuckery may be the way to go, while being mindful of not descending into douchebaggery. Post whatever you're comfortable with, let people know what you're up to, listen to feedback and keep things moving sounds good to me.

Okay. here goes: