Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
bowfinger
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by bowfinger »

Let's clear that slate then... :twisted:

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

2001: The Legend of Dragonheart and the Lord of the Hobbit Rings?

bowfinger
0 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

LOL, I haven't seen that one :)

But, it turns out that you are not one of the many thousands that have ranked this movie, Phil :(

bowfinger
0 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

This is the One Image to bring them all and in the darkness bind them:

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

This is really messing with my head. Can't wait to find out what it is.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

*crickets* ....

... :lol:

In all seriousness, when this is revealed I'm going to have to seek it out and watch it as soon as possible. It looks well worth a viewing and it might mean I'll recognise it in less than 5 images if it's ever played again! :lol:

bowfinger
0 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Overcoming my initial surprise in the morning, I think I began to enjoy this the way I hoped I'd enjoy a 7-60. In all fairness, I can tell you that the images posted are of essential importance, and should even allow a player to guess the movie without having seen it!!! :o

I intend to end this before EOD zulu time but I want you to think about all of the images, and really question what you are looking at before I post another image that will make you bang your head against the wall even harder because you could not get it in 5, and had to see the 6th (or more) image to finally put it all together.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

bowfinger wrote: I want you to think about all of the images, and really question what you are looking at before I post another image ...

I've already been doing that, but don't mind repeating the process in public in case it helps someone

Image 1: A barren wasteland leading up to a walled oasis-like city. A caravan of sorts is either leaving or approaching the city. It's too difficult to make out, but that could possible be a cell/cage type carriage suggesting some character is captive.

Image 2: campfire scene selected to show what I'm guessing to be the main 'fellowship' of this film from a distance. This wasn't supposed to give it away entirely but you expected it would be easy enough to recognise these characters. The group seems to be split which might mean they don't all get along or else some are there against their will.

Image 3: Fuck knows what that is! Someone standing on top of a ruin of some kind it seems. Again your selection of this would suggest this is supposed to be recognisable but I can't even make it out so it means nothing to me personally.

Image 4: This is the one that really wrecks my head. A shot from orbit, clearing showing a space craft/station. What I thought was a typical 'middle earth' type fantasy world now introduces sci fi into the mix. However there seems to be a distinct lack of technology in all the other images, so unlike say tattooine in Star Wars, is it possible that the heroes or villains are from another world, but the main story takes place a more medieval fantasy setting?

Image 5: Generic ancient carving depicting the demon/monster from the past which will be faced again during the film's climax

.... Hang on, I've got it! Saving Private Ryan! right?? :P

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Is it some bullshit like Cloud Atlas?

bowfinger
0 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

philamental wrote:Image 1: A barren wasteland leading up to a walled oasis-like city. A caravan of sorts is either leaving or approaching the city. It's too difficult to make out, but that could possible be a cell/cage type carriage suggesting some character is captive.

Spot on! Nothing to add generally, but there are a very few details that just hint at...

philamental wrote:Image 2: campfire scene selected to show what I'm guessing to be the main 'fellowship' of this film from a distance. This wasn't supposed to give it away entirely but you expected it would be easy enough to recognise these characters. The group seems to be split which might mean they don't all get along or else some are there against their will.

I can't believe how much of this is true! You're getting much more than I bargained for, but since you haven't seen the flick you can't recognise at least two characters that should get your heart pumping.

philamental wrote:Image 3: Fuck knows what that is! Someone standing on top of a ruin of some kind it seems. Again your selection of this would suggest this is supposed to be recognisable but I can't even make it out so it means nothing to me personally.

hint, hint, that ruin looks like something that is only recognisable in this universe!

philamental wrote:Image 4: This is the one that really wrecks my head. A shot from orbit, clearing showing a space craft/station. What I thought was a typical 'middle earth' type fantasy world now introduces sci fi into the mix. However there seems to be a distinct lack of technology in all the other images, so unlike say tattooine in Star Wars, is it possible that the heroes or villains are from another world, but the main story takes place a more medieval fantasy setting?

This is where you gave me the goosebumps!

philamental wrote:Image 5: Generic ancient carving depicting the demon/monster from the past which will be faced again during the film's climax

It's not a generic creature!

*and bowfinger holds his breath*