Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
livelove
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by livelove »

iconogassed wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:12 pm
Are you criticizing him for posting a shot that formed the basis for a poster?
In case you are talking to me:
Where do you see any criticism? You are aware that you are making that up, that's not based on any facts.
I was just asking a simple, harmless question out of astonishment and curiosity.

I just think it's pretty weird that I should be the one called to account given his language and attitude ...
It also defies explanation that you seem to see criticism in a mere question (and such a harmless one to boot) but none in something like "go f*** yourself", because that sure is devoid of any form of criticism, lol.

FreddieQuell wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:30 pm
Or anyone can go fuck it, if you really need things sped up.
FreddieQuell wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:40 pm
What????? Just go......
FreddieQuell wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:46 pm
I don't know what the fucking issue is here.
easy, pal

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

anyway, next pic to calm down the wildcats:
Attachments
image04.jpg
image04.jpg (29.12 KiB) Viewed 1352 times

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

livelove wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:37 am
iconogassed wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:12 pm
Are you criticizing him for posting a shot that formed the basis for a poster?
In case you are talking to me:
Where do you see any criticism? You are aware that you are making that up, that's not based on any facts.
I was just asking a simple, harmless question out of astonishment and curiosity.

I just think it's pretty weird that I should be the one called to account given his language and attitude ...
It also defies explanation that you seem to see criticism in a mere question (and such a harmless one to boot) but none in something like "go f*** yourself", because that sure is devoid of any form of criticism, lol.
You wrote that "[the shot] looks too much like [the poster]". The only conceivable reason you would post that, in English, is as a criticism. "Too much" means "more than justified or appropriate".

When Freddie didn't respond to your pathetic provocation, and in fact fucking complimented you, you doubled-down with your nonsense "astonishment" that someone could post a shot that formed a basis for a poster.

That English is not your first language is no excuse for being a pain in the ass. But it does make you really, really bad at the lame-ass shit you're trying to pull. So kindly fuck off with it. :)

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

For Pete's sake, here we go again ... iconogassed making stuff up that simply isn't there.
And thanks for calling me a liar by the way. I really was surprised to see the movie poster. Who wouldn't be ?

iconogassed wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:16 am
your pathetic provocation […] fucking complimented […] your nonsense "astonishment" […] a pain in the ass. But it does make you really, really bad at the lame-ass shit you're trying to pull. So kindly fuck off with it.
Your mean-spirited language isn't deserving of any answer. I'm only answering just in case somebody else wonders:

iconogassed wrote:
You wrote that "[the shot] looks too much like [the poster]". The only conceivable reason you would post that, in English, is as a criticism.
There are a million conceivable reasons. And just because you are so single-minded or simple-minded that you see only 1 possible reason, which you even make up out of thin air, really isn't my or anybody else's fault here.

If you don't know something, better ask than make false assumptions.

iconogassed wrote:
"Too much" means "more than justified or appropriate".
no. "Too much" just means that: "too much".
And "too much" can sometimes mean "very much" in English. Which was the intended meaning here.

Just for the record:
What your quoted sentence meant, was:
This image looks too much like this poster for me not to take a guess here.
This image looks too much like this poster for it to be a mere coincidence.
This image looks too much [so much] like this poster, that I'm pretty sure they are the same.

With that being said, that's my last comment on that. I'm out of this unfriendly and distracting "discussion".

(I think that's the first unfriendly exchange I have seen here in the forums in all those years. I thought this place would somehow magically be exempt from such negativity among fellow cineastes.)

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

trying to get back to the game:
Attachments
image05.jpg
image05.jpg (58.05 KiB) Viewed 1303 times

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

You really need to accept the limits of your understanding of the English language. Really. "Too much" and "very much", without the further contextualization, have distinct meanings. On its down, "too" indicates some comparison to a baseline of acceptability. Your further elaborations change the meaning of the sentence entirely. Without them, it reads like you're being a dick. Which is why Freddie thought that, too. And because your follow-ups seem inexplicable unless you're trying to be a dick, or are "neurodivergent" in some way, in addition to not being a native speaker. There is no reason to press the point after Freddy's "Well done", unless you're trying to be a dick.

And I did ask. Look at the top of the page. You then went fucking crazy and really made it seem like you were trying to be a dick.

It's okay not to be fluent in English. But you really seem like you're trying to be a dick.

JSchlansky
595 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

*sidestepping the animosity*

I used to live a block away from where that last screenshot was filmed, so I'll guess a movie I know was shot there but haven't seen... The Endless (2017)?

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

I'll let your diatribe expose itself. Go ahead and knock yourself out, as I said, I won't comment any more.

@ JSchlansky: yes, you got it!

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

You really need to accept the limits of your understanding of the English language. Really. "Too much" and "very much", without the further contextualization, have distinct meanings. On its down, "too" indicates some comparison to a baseline of acceptability. Your further elaborations change the meaning of the sentence entirely. Without them, it reads like you're being a dick. Which is why Freddie thought that, too. And because your follow-ups seem inexplicable unless you're trying to be a dick, or are "neurodivergent" in some way, in addition to not being a native speaker. There is no reason to press the point after Freddie's "Well done", unless you're trying to be a dick.

And I did ask. Look at the top of the page. You then went fucking crazy and really made it seem like you were trying to be a dick.

It's okay not to be fluent in English. But you really seem like you're trying to be a dick.
Last edited by iconogassed on Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

JSchlansky
595 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »