Upcoming science fiction 2014

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
djross
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Upcoming science fiction 2014

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lisa-
192 Ratings

Re: Upcoming science fiction 2014

Post by lisa- »

i'm definitely interested in seeing what nolan does with a space film.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Anyone interested in the Robocop remake should take a look at the trailer. Then note that it's PG-13, just like Robocop III was. Then compare the differences in the costume between the original and the new one, and what is says about the respective pictures. And then finally, realize what they changed Murphy's death scene into.

Then, if they're not masochists, they will stay home and save their money and life.

As for Divergent, it's based on a shitty young adult book series that seeks to cash in on the craze for teen girl, "badass" protagonists in futuristic society begun by The Hunger Games. On the plus side, it doesn't plagiarize the work of a different author the latter did. On the downside, it's more boring and generic.

lisa-
192 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

seems transcendence is a directorial debut by a cinematographer, so that could be interesting.

Proximity
0 Ratings

Post by Proximity »

i got a chubby finna flop for that Interstellar

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Jupiter Ascending looks like it's interestingly off the beaten path. I won't know til my butt's in the seat.

Suture Self
0 Ratings

Post by Suture Self »

Though it's a 2013 release, I won't be able to see Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem until 2014 and it looks great.

Also another 2013 release, but Ari Folman's The Congress is a great science fiction film that probably won't get distribution until 2014.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

FarCryss wrote:Though it's a 2013 release, I won't be able to see Terry Gilliam's The Zero Theorem until 2014 and it looks great.

Also another 2013 release, but Ari Folman's The Congress is a great science fiction film that probably won't get distribution until 2014.

Ditto The Zero Theorem, and it's the same out here in fly over country for Her.

Neonman
0 Ratings

Post by Neonman »

I'm disappointed by the trailers for Interstellar and Transcendence so far. The Interstellar teaser didn't really show much, but I've still got high hopes for it (might have something to do with this behind the scenes information). The Transcendence teasers got me real wet, but the trailer just left me with blue balls. The teaser made it out to sound like a very complex and dense story about AI exponentially gaining information and the moral and logical factors that go into this sort of futuristic endeavour -- but the trailer just shows a bunch of scientists trying to get Johnny Depp out of a computer. Still looks like fun, but really goofy, Hollywood, could've-been-better type fun.

Gregzilla
182 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

Well there is one little sci-fi flick I'm looking forward to.

Now as a fan I am hoping it'll be better than the last attempt. But then again, If it tanks maybe Toho will revive the series once again.