Criticker's 2014 Year-End Lists

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Criticker's 2014 Year-End Lists

Post by mpowell »

It's the end of the year, and that means we're counting down the best and worst of 2014.

Criticker's Worst Ten Films of 2014
Criticker's Twenty Best Films of 2014: #11-20
Criticker’s Twenty Best Films of 2014: #1-10

Any surprise omissions? Are there films which landed on the "worst list", which you personally enjoyed, or films you're shocked to see land in the top?

Paxton
0 Ratings

Re: Criticker's 2014 Year-End Lists

Post by Paxton »

I was able to use my Sherlockesque powers of deduction to narrowly avoid seeing any of the films on the list, but if you would have told me that the worst picture of the year was directed by Renny Harlin, I would have said, "Yes."

CMonster
229 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

I also managed to avoid seeing all of these films, but I did throw up in my mouth a little bit when I saw the preview for Ouija, so it's spot at #2 makes sense.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

mpowell wrote:It's the end of the year, and that means we're counting down the best and worst of 2014.

First up are the ten worst-ranked films of the year... can you guess what made the list?

Criticker's Worst Ten Films of 2014

Any surprise omissions? Or are there films which landed on the list, which you personally enjoyed? Tomorrow, we'll dive into the top twenty of 2014... stay tuned!

I'm slightly disappointed you didn't use either piranha guy's or Pickpocket's fantastic reviews of The Other Women instead, which were also the two most popular;

"a pair of boobs (upton), a bipolar muppet (mann) and a transgender mummy (diaz) set out on an epic quest to serve every cliché in existence, justifiably pranking (in that exclusively unfunny female way), playing and poisoning the evil man who dared cheating on their classy asses. you might think "well, that sounds rather dull and uninspired", and you're absolutely right! it's an abomination, and i just watched it, so you do not need to. ever. do not let my sacrifice be in vain! now go! uurghh..." -piranha guy

"A bizarre, irrational, sick and sadistic movie that glorifies girl power all because Jamie Lannister likes to get his fuck on? I honestly feel bad for Melissa Stack and anyone that comes into contact with her because she devoted possibly a year of her life to write this guy bashing neo-feminist garbage (hint: get over it, cunt). The irony of it is that she wanted to vilify men so bad but ended up making the women look worse due to the most shallow and predictable writing I've seen in years." -Pickpocket

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

The first half of the top twenty films of 2014 has been published -- check it out!
Criticker's Twenty Best Films of 2014: #11-20

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

I, on the other hand, would like to express my gratitude to Michael & co. for posting neither "get over it, cunt" nor "transgender mummy" on the blog

Jorg
0 Ratings

Post by Jorg »

Where the hell is Transformers 4 in the worst 10 list :o Looks like it made a narrow escape

Btw. Happy new year all!

ehk2
7 Ratings

Post by ehk2 »

Nuri Bilge Ceylan's "Kış Uykusu" has a 8.77 (with 332 votes) and still it does not appear on the list! It should have topped the list, though I do not consider it the best myself. However, the number of votes here double or triple many films on the list and votes do not come exclusively from Turkey. The movie has been on theaters in France, UK and other countries. It has won Palme d'or and a 8.7 imdb rating, as you know. I think it is unfair to exclude.

And really, where is the ''Left Behind' (1.5 with 58 votes) on the worst ones list?

VinegarBob
30 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

ehk2 wrote:though I do not consider it the best myself.

I do.