John Malkovich's 100 Years Project

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
595 Ratings
Your TCI: na

John Malkovich's 100 Years Project

Post by JSchlansky »

I'm really curious what everyone thinks about 100 Years, the Robert Rodriguez directed project written by and starring John Malkovich that won't be released until 2115. I just made a video on the subject and I'd love to hear peoples' opinions.

ribcage
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: John Malkovich's 100 Years Project

Post by ribcage »

Ingenius advertising experiment. Wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be another ad for that damn cognac tucked away for a century. They found a neat little way for everybody to think gosh 100 years really is a long time right alongside their aged booze. Hell i even took a moment to ponder the taste you'd get from that while typing this.

I agree with some of those comments questioning both the current quality of rodriguezs work and how much people in 2115 are going to care about him. I kind of look to that Sherlock holmes they recently found...which sure it wasn't made as a gimmicky time capsule piece, but it was still potentially 98 years since anybody had seen it...very exciting for a niche -- completely off the radar for the general public.