"Help us fix up incorrect or missing information" isn't working for me

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"Help us fix up incorrect or missing information" isn't working for me

Post by BadCosmonaut »

For the movie Target (2011) tt1772980, I tried to add the names of three actors using the "Help us fix up incorrect or missing information" menu, but I ran into an issue while doing so (that I describe below).

I wasn't sure if my issue was a bug or not, so I wrote the following message and tried to submit this message in the "Other" category in the pop up menu that pops up after clicking "Help us fix up incorrect or missing information":
When I try to add more actors to this title, when I click the blue submit button, the blue submit button icon changes to become a loading icon (that looks like four periods in a row that are bouncing up and down ....), then it just stays like that. It never loads past that point. I don't know if this is a bug or what.

Please add these actors to this movie Target (2011):

Maksim Sukhanov (nm0837718), Justine Waddell (nm0905311), Daniela Stoyanovich (nm3057016)
So whether I am trying to add actors or trying to submit info under the "other" category, the same issue happens. It just loads indefinitely.

Side note: the phrase "fix up" sounds colloquial to me. Can probably delete the word "up" and just have it say, "Help us fix incorrect..."

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: "Help us fix up incorrect or missing information" isn't working for me

Post by mpowell »

Yeah, looks like I'm able to reproduce this bug. We'll get this fixed up very soon!

Thanks for reporting it!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, this should be fixed up now! Thanks again, and sorry about the disruption!

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Thanks!

Follow up: after I added those three actors (that I listed above) to that movie, I pressed the "See all updates" button in the "Update History" section near the bottom of the page, and in the pop up it only shows that I added one of the three actors. I'm assuming it's supposed to show that I added the three new ones instead of just one of the three.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hmmm... yeah, it should. Not exactly sure what's going on there, but I'd rack it up to the weirdness you first reported.

I also changed the "Fix up" to "fix" ... you're right that it's a little cleaner. Someone pointed out to me that in my responses, I said twice:
We'll get this fixed up very soon!
Alright, this should be fixed up now!
I promise I wasn't being passive-aggressive about my preference for "fixed up", haha. I think it's just the way I talk!

metalhank
0 Ratings

Post by metalhank »

error for input of actors to The Arrival (1996)
Screenshot 2023-08-21 180427.png
Screenshot 2023-08-21 180427.png (17.78 KiB) Viewed 813 times

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for letting us know about this! We'll get this fixed up soon!

geohawk
165 Ratings

Post by geohawk »

That error seems to be happening for all updates, not just actors. So far, I have encountered it adding writers, adding alt-titles, and, on the games side, adding platforms.

Good luck!

howler19
249 Ratings

Post by howler19 »

I have the same problem.