Do different versions of a film deserve separate entries?

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Scholar69420
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Do different versions of a film deserve separate entries?

Post by Scholar69420 »

As the title suggests, I'm wondering what Criticker policy is on different versions of a film. That is, how should the various releases of a film be represented on this site?

Ideally, I'd like to see some sort of a dropdown menu in a film title where you could give separate ratings for each version of a film. PSI/TCI calculations would presumably have to be done using the highest score, but it would be nice to write separate reviews both praising and trashing Blade Runner's various releases.

Now, the reason I didn't post in the feature request section is because my true motivation here is to address something specific that has been bugging me for a few years now. Why does Apocalypse Now have two separate entries? What makes this final cut so much more deserving than any other final cut?

Apocalypse Now (1979)
Apocalypse Now: Final Cut (2019)

My point is, whatever the rules are regarding versions of films, they should be applied consistently. I think that until we get a version selector feature, Apocalypse Now should be consolidated into a single page.

JonSmith
153 Ratings

Re: Do different versions of a film deserve separate entries?

Post by JonSmith »

Usually Criticker just follows IMDB. If IMDB has separate entries they do separate entries.

Scholar69420
0 Ratings

Re: Do different versions of a film deserve separate entries?

Post by Scholar69420 »

Yup, that a pretty simple and reasonable answer. As far as Apocalypse Now goes, it has only one IMDb entry. I’ve gone ahead and suggested an edit on the title page