Submarine movies

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
joseywales
Your TCI: na

Submarine movies

Post by joseywales »

The military version of werewolf movies. Where they all at?

Recently I had a lengthy discussion with a naval officer friend and we could barely name 10 sub movies combined (he said Crimson Tide is better than Das Boot LOL). As per the collection I see I'm not missing any of the big ones, so do any of y'all have some ideas on what to watch that could even be considered "close enough". Anything under the radar (no pun intended) naval would be an appreciated boon.

TIA buds. It's nice to be back after my trip!

Scholar69420

Re: Submarine movies

Post by Scholar69420 »

Assuming this is the collection we're talking about, I seem to be unable to add this prototypical submarine flick I came across. Maybe it's a bug...

Le chant du loup

Victoriouz

Post by Victoriouz »

Scholar69420 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 pm
Assuming this is the collection we're talking about, I seem to be unable to add this prototypical submarine flick I came across. Maybe it's a bug...

Le chant du loup
The film already was in the collection, but it's listed between Das Boot (1985) and Comandante (2023) because it ignores the French article le

ehk2

Post by ehk2 »

Not a "submarine" movie, but I recently watched "The Russians Are Coming..." (1966) and they couldn't have a submarine from the military, so they apparently faked one. Though the movie was hilarious, the submarine was not realistic really. I'm not an expert on arms but look at that:

fringe

Post by fringe »

What about this?Image