Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
595 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by JSchlansky »

Claire Danes? I see there's a movie named Claire's Knee, I'm guessing that's it.

VinegarBob
30 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

brickwall wrote:Claire Danes? I see there's a movie named Claire's Knee, I'm guessing that's it.

That is the answer. A very good film imo.

Not sure how well this is working out tbh. It's fun trying new things, but I think the next time I post a clue I'll go back to just showing an image from the movie.

JSchlansky
595 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I like seeing the clues given in different ways. Don't think I would be good at doing the pictogram type clues myself though. Here's one with a quote on the picture.

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Looks like Frances Ha
Last edited by MacSwell on Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

bercutio wrote:Here are the 3 other games (that I know of) that slipped into oblivion over the years:

New Pic Game:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2822
Guess the Movie Poster from the puzzle piece:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4250
Guess the movie from the clues:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1318

Thanks for explaining the history of the 'lost' games, bercutio. On the face of it they seem fun enough, so it's interesting that they all died out while this 'guess the movie from the image' thread kept going. I think it might be down to how straight forward and easy it is to play both sides of this game. You see an image, you know it's from a film, you can guess the film name. Simple. If you are right, you know you just need to pick an image from a different film and post it. If your time and interest in selecting the next image is low, it only takes 60 seconds to post something from google images, meaning it's very easy to post the next clue and keep the game moving. This encourages participation in my opinion.

For the 'new pic' game and the abstract image approach we just started, it's more difficult for some to understand how they work. They need more explanation than the standard image game. They also require a lot more effort and thought when it is time to post a clue. This may result in an increase in more passive players (ie ones that view but don't contribute to the thread) and when the participating numbers dwindle, the game dies.

The movie poster game is easy to understand but again requires the time and effort of chopping up movie posters, which is the side that will not appeal to some ... dwindling participants ... game dies etc

Movie from the clues is a game that should have a chance of succeeding though. It's fairly straight forward to understand and doesn't require much effort to post the next clue so I think it's worth a shot in reviving it. In fact I'm going to have a go myself later this morning.

I think right now this thread has become a little messy as players explore the different approaches looking for feedback and the resultant discussions. I think that should settle down though and it's worth keeping all the image games in this thread for now as it might be the best way to keep all of them 'active'. For example, I may not participate in an 'abstract only' picture game thread, as I wouldn't enjoy coming up with the next clue. However if I (by some miracle!) guess an abstract clue correctly here, I can continue the game posting the traditional images I do enjoy.

There seems to be a good core of open minded players here so I'm sure if the quality of the thread starts to suffer we'll have that discussion and we can agree on what to change at that point. If that means we revert to screenshot images only, then we'll do that, but in my opinion it's worth accepting all the various image game approaches here for now so long as a clarifying comment is included as to what the players are now looking at for that round of the game.

JSchlansky
595 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Maaxwell wrote:Looks like Frances Ha

It is Frances Ha

VinegarBob
30 Ratings

Post by VinegarBob »

I agree with Philamental's entire post above. Very reasonable. I also applaud Bercutio's efforts to sort everything out. This thread makes me happy - I love it when everyone is getting along. :D

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Not nearly as sophisticated as previous efforts, for sure.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I actually think i got one of these ...

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

It was the last one which gave it away

MacSwell
0 Ratings