Scenes We'd Like to See

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
hellboy76
463 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Scenes We'd Like to See

Post by hellboy76 »

ShogunRua wrote: "You're right about the two party system, but that's been an ill the US has managed to overcome until very recently. So what's changed? Growing partisan hatred/loyalty and increasing ignorance about government/politics/history. Why has that changed? Increasingly worse education and the work of the media. The media and school board are overwhelmingly what, by any metric? Liberal.

That's what you don't get. I don't like Republicans or most self-styled "conservatives". I really, truly don't. And disagree with them on many issues.

But I recognize that liberalism is the cancer that will kill the US, just like it's called off dozens upon dozens of nations in the past.

I know you aren't a tea party conservative and lean towards the middle on many issues, but when you say things like "the liberal media", this is silly. Almost every single newspaper, television channel, and radio outlet are owned by giant conglomerates. The moguls at the top of these are almost certainly not dominated by liberals.

Newspapers circulate more conservative syndicated columnists than progressive across the country (except in the mid-atlantic , and it isn't by that much), there are far more ratings gathering conservative talk show hosts than liberal, and the most watched news channel on cable is conservative.

The issue of the media is that its corporate propaganda and not news. Most of them could give a shit what side it reports, as long as it makes them money.

Partisanship is a larger liberal issue? We literally set records for filibusters and interference from one party to another and I can guarantee you it was from the conservative side of the isle. This is not a liberal problem.

As far as education goes, it has been a mess for years, and again there is no one party to blame for this. Dumping money on the issue is not increasing stats, and idiotic vouchers that can be declined for any reason the institution sees fit, are not the answer.

There is no right side here, we need non party affiliated representatives who can take no money from outside sources, so people are forced to vote for them on their specific platform.

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

CMonster wrote:I came up with another scene that may be applicable to some of the people in this forum. It starts with this men or women, humans if you will, sitting at a bar.

Human on the left: I think the best economic way to heal our ills is by raising taxes to funding public assistance programs and support new business.

Human on right: WELL, I think that by cutting taxes it provides more economic opportunity for small businesses and promotes community support rather than government support for those that need help.

Human in the middle: Both of you seem to have validity to what you are saying! Maybe we could use a bit of both your ideas!

Barkeep: THIS SEEMS TO BE AN ACCURATE PORTRAYL OF THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ECONOMIC THOUGHT SYSTEMS OF THE TWO MAJOR AMERICAN POLITICAL PARTIES!

Not only could a scene like this really foster some bipartisanship and healing between the parties, hopefully the text will be enough to help heal these forums as well.

I think we forum members should start a Kickstarter to fund a short film titled "Accurate Portrayal" comprised of these little scenes

theficionado
0 Ratings

Post by theficionado »

Thanks for the reminder of why I never come here anymore.

CMonster
229 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

mattorama12 wrote:
I think we forum members should start a Kickstarter to fund a short film titled "Accurate Portrayal" comprised of these little scenes

Portrayl*

Ocelot
450 Ratings

Post by Ocelot »

theficionado wrote:Thanks for the reminder of why I never come here anymore.

Seriously. Is it always like this?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

hellboy76 wrote:
ShogunRua wrote: "You're right about the two party system, but that's been an ill the US has managed to overcome until very recently. So what's changed? Growing partisan hatred/loyalty and increasing ignorance about government/politics/history. Why has that changed? Increasingly worse education and the work of the media. The media and school board are overwhelmingly what, by any metric? Liberal.

That's what you don't get. I don't like Republicans or most self-styled "conservatives". I really, truly don't. And disagree with them on many issues.

But I recognize that liberalism is the cancer that will kill the US, just like it's called off dozens upon dozens of nations in the past.

I know you aren't a tea party conservative and lean towards the middle on many issues,

Totally wrong. Laughably so, in fact. This is especially funny in light of your previous post griping about "assumptions".

hellboy76 wrote:but when you say things like "the liberal media", this is silly.

I wouldn't say denying that the mainstream media is liberal is silly. It's borderline insanity.

hellboy76 wrote: Almost every single newspaper, television channel, and radio outlet are owned by giant conglomerates. The moguls at the top of these are almost certainly not dominated by liberals.

Uh...yes they are. Are you freaking kidding me?

Time Warner is a conglomerate founded by Ted Turner, one of the most famous liberals out there. Their entire leadership is liberal. Comcast has a completely liberal corporate hierarchy, to the point where they don't include Fox News in many of their cable packages.

Care to name a single even slightly conservative media and entertainment conglomerate outside of certain parts of Fox?

hellboy76 wrote:Newspapers circulate more conservative syndicated columnists than progressive across the country (except in the mid-atlantic , and it isn't by that much), there are far more ratings gathering conservative talk show hosts than liberal, and the most watched news channel on cable is conservative.

The last part is correct, but have you ever wondered why?

It's because there is one faintly conservative news channel, Fox News.

Meanwhile, there are no fewer than 5 liberal news channels; CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC.

So obviously, with 5 news channels carving up 54% of the viewing public that is liberal, and only a single news channel catering to the other 46% that are more conservative, guess which one is going to have the higher ratings?

If anything, this is a wonderful example of just how flagrantly liberal the mainstream media is. They would rather skew their reporting to the left and get worse ratings than be more middle-of-the-road and attract more eyeballs and money.

When a company purposely goes for the option that reduces its revenue, you know there is some severe bias in place.

hellboy76 wrote:As far as education goes, it has been a mess for years, and again there is no one party to blame for this. Dumping money on the issue is not increasing stats, and idiotic vouchers that can be declined for any reason the institution sees fit, are not the answer.

Your last sentence makes no sense. What is "idiotic" about vouchers except allowing kids, particularly low-income minorities, not to go to shitty public schools? (Something liberals zealously oppose, by the way)

hellboy76 wrote:There is no right side here, we need non party affiliated representatives who can take no money from outside sources, so people are forced to vote for them on their specific platform.

Tell that to Obama, who out-spent McCain $700 million to $250 million the 2008 election, and out-spent Romney $1.3 billion to $800 million in the 2012 election.

Using liberal's own favorite slang, if Obama couldn't buy the election because of all his special interest cronies, would he have won both times?

CMonster
229 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

I figured I'd go ahead and share another scene I've been working on today. This scene is set at an airport.

Traveler 1: Man this security sure is nice. It's comforting to know what some Muzzies who want to crash this plane will have a rough going of it.

Traveler 2: Security be damned. If it were up to me I would prioritize privacy over a potential of danger.

Traveler 6, 22, & 111: ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR!

Explosion sounds and fade to black.

Fade back in, and the explosions are trapped inside a green force field and nobody is injured. The opening title screen and credits for Green Lantern II.

I dunno, I didn't see the first one, but I'd really like for there to be an edgy sequel.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

ShogunRua wrote:
hellboy76 wrote:

I know you aren't a tea party conservative and lean towards the middle on many issues,

Totally wrong. Laughably so, in fact. This is especially funny in light of your previous post griping about "assumptions".

hellboy76 wrote:but when you say things like "the liberal media", this is silly.

I wouldn't say denying that the mainstream media is liberal is silly. It's borderline insanity.

hellboy76 wrote: Almost every single newspaper, television channel, and radio outlet are owned by giant conglomerates. The moguls at the top of these are almost certainly not dominated by liberals.

Uh...yes they are. Are you freaking kidding me?

Time Warner is a conglomerate founded by Ted Turner, one of the most famous liberals out there. Their entire leadership is liberal. Comcast has a completely liberal corporate hierarchy, to the point where they don't include Fox News in many of their cable packages.

Care to name a single even slightly conservative media and entertainment conglomerate outside of certain parts of Fox?

hellboy76 wrote:Newspapers circulate more conservative syndicated columnists than progressive across the country (except in the mid-atlantic , and it isn't by that much), there are far more ratings gathering conservative talk show hosts than liberal, and the most watched news channel on cable is conservative.

The last part is correct, but have you ever wondered why?

It's because there is one faintly conservative news channel, Fox News.

Meanwhile, there are no fewer than 5 liberal news channels; CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and NBC.

So obviously, with 5 news channels carving up 54% of the viewing public that is liberal, and only a single news channel catering to the other 46% that are more conservative, guess which one is going to have the higher ratings?

If anything, this is a wonderful example of just how flagrantly liberal the mainstream media is. They would rather skew their reporting to the left and get worse ratings than be more middle-of-the-road and attract more eyeballs and money.

When a company purposely goes for the option that reduces its revenue, you know there is some severe bias in place.

hellboy76 wrote:As far as education goes, it has been a mess for years, and again there is no one party to blame for this. Dumping money on the issue is not increasing stats, and idiotic vouchers that can be declined for any reason the institution sees fit, are not the answer.

Your last sentence makes no sense. What is "idiotic" about vouchers except allowing kids, particularly low-income minorities, not to go to shitty public schools? (Something liberals zealously oppose, by the way)

hellboy76 wrote:There is no right side here, we need non party affiliated representatives who can take no money from outside sources, so people are forced to vote for them on their specific platform.

Tell that to Obama, who out-spent McCain $700 million to $250 million the 2008 election, and out-spent Romney $1.3 billion to $800 million in the 2012 election.

Using liberal's own favorite slang, if Obama couldn't buy the election because of all his special interest cronies, would he have won both times?

I couldn't get all the individual quote thingies lol.

I don't follow the first part, are you a tea party conservative? I was judging by your other statements you were not.

Another more than slightly conservative media conglomerate is Bain Capital's very own Clear Channel , and Premiere Radio Networks, which is the largest radio station group by far, reaching more than 213 million viewers, with syndicated specialities like Rush, Glenn Beck, Hannity and Fox News radio.

You are right on Teddy Turner and Comcast (although I hadn't heard the not including Fox News thing), I do remember conservative shareholders screaming about MSNBC.

Regarding vouchers: they are idiotic because they help far too few poor students , especially compared to the money going into the programs. See the lack of success in D.C. and Milwaukee when graduation rates for voucher schools are compared to the others.

And I absolutely agree on Obama and his war chest, but yes he would have won both times from the after effects of the Bush debacle and people praying it was going to be better ( it wasn't, or if it was , any gains were erased by bizarre steps taken by the Obama administration). We also have a conservative leaning SCOTUS not once, but twice confirming corporations are people and money is speech. The problem is well rooted on both sides.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

CMonster wrote:I figured I'd go ahead and share another scene I've been working on today. This scene is set at an airport.

Traveler 1: Man this security sure is nice. It's comforting to know what some Muzzies who want to crash this plane will have a rough going of it.

Traveler 2: Security be damned. If it were up to me I would prioritize privacy over a potential of danger.

Traveler 6, 22, & 111: ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR!

Explosion sounds and fade to black.

Fade back in, and the explosions are trapped inside a green force field and nobody is injured. The opening title screen and credits for Green Lantern II.

I dunno, I didn't see the first one, but I'd really like for there to be an edgy sequel.

In a short space, you have already exceeded the writing quality of the first movies script.

LowOiL
0 Ratings

Post by LowOiL »

Stewball wrote:Yes. Between the political/economic left and the theocratic/rule of "God" right, both promoting emotional (blind faith) decision making, reason in swamped. The Age of Reason has made little progress with society as a whole since the Dark Ages. If I was a believer, I'd say that scientific discovery and implementation under these circumstances was nothing less than a miracle. But I know that progress was facilitated by freedom, the importance of which both extremes are now downplaying.

"Freedom, what's the big deal?" 180,000,000 people killed by their own big centralized governments in the 20th Century, that's the big deal. It's a whole lot more than those killed by wars between countries.

Lets look at the numbers, I get mine from Hawaii University. http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/

Chinese communists-76,702,000
Soviet Union-61,911,000
German Nazis-17,000,000
Chinese Nationalists-10,214,000
Japanese militarists-5,890,000
China(Mao Soviets 1923-49)-3,466,000
Cambodia-2,035,000
Turkey-1,883,000
Vietnam-1,670,000(most after the war by communist)
North Korea-1,663,000
Poland-1,585,000
Pakistan-1,503,000
Mexico(1900-20)-1,417,000
Yugoslavia-1,072,000
Russia(1900-17)-1,066,000

The trend I see is Godless pushing governments doing most of the killing. Not religion.. but you are right, most of the killing was done between wars unlike how the movies portray it. Unless you count movies like "The Killing Fields".
------------------------------------------------------------
What would I like to see in a movie.. How about a scenario of scientist find a "gay" gene, women in masses start aborting babies just because it would be homosexual (and they want grandchildren). Gay activism, the largest controlling Congressional lobby group around goes to war vs women "rights".
Last edited by LowOiL on Mon May 05, 2014 4:22 am, edited 5 times in total.