The Good Will Video Challenge

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
595 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Good Will Video Challenge

Post by JSchlansky »

Thought some people here might find this interesting
https://youtu.be/sUH-lJtN0ss

Does anyone else go out of their way to watch the worst movies they can find?

dardan
57 Ratings

Re: The Good Will Video Challenge

Post by dardan »

Depends on what kind of worst you are talking about. I regard Zero Dark Thirty and Unthinkable as being terrible movies for their politics, but some movies are so poorly made that watching them is somewhat funny and informative.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

brickwall wrote:Thought some people here might find this interesting

Would you like people to respond to your video, or answer you about the challenge? Or alternatively, respond to "does anyone go out of their way to watch the worst movies they can find", an almost rhetorical question, since you know the answer is "yes, a bunch of people".

Anyways, I don't like your video. Long, boring, and unfunny. Stopped watching after two minutes. And this is coming from someone who has watched about a dozen of your movie reviews in full, even if I thought they were flawed in a variety of ways.

As for finding weird, bad movies, a Good Will store is very antiquated in that regard, since we have resources like Cinemageddon.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

brickwall wrote:Thought some people here might find this interesting

Just the opposite. The problem is it's not always easy to tell, though vampires and chainsaws and teenybopper music and liberal politics are dead givaways. Paying to see those is like paying a toll to go to hell.

Velvet Crowe
1139 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

Damn, for someone who makes a lot of videos, you sure don't get a lot of views.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

DrewTheDude wrote:Damn, for someone who makes a lot of videos, you sure don't get a lot of views.

I actually feel a bit guilty when I look at brickwall's channel. I have (so far) posted a single video on Youtube. It was back in early 2006, has horrible, grainy quality, and wasn't even mine. I reposted it from somewhere else on the Internet.

Yet, I've had well over 4 million views on it and am currently sitting at over 5 times as many subscribers as brickwall has. If I had chosen to monetize the video (I didn't, since it's not mine), I would have made a few thousand dollars. Life isn't fair. :)

Velvet Crowe
1139 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

ShogunRua wrote:
DrewTheDude wrote:Damn, for someone who makes a lot of videos, you sure don't get a lot of views.

I actually feel a bit guilty when I look at brickwall's channel. I have (so far) posted a single video on Youtube. It was back in early 2006, has horrible, grainy quality, and wasn't even mine. I reposted it from somewhere else on the Internet.

Yet, I've had well over 4 million views on it and am currently sitting at over 5 times as many subscribers as brickwall has. If I had chosen to monetize the video (I didn't, since it's not mine), I would have made a few thousand dollars. Life isn't fair. :)

Yeah, personally I made a channel for fighting game stuff back when I was more deeply involved with the FGC and I honestly generated more views on a single video for some of my stuff than this guy has on his entire channel.

And in all reality, I put far less effort in them than what Brickwall did.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Theres always going to be an appeal for a niche crowd of bad film fans. That said i certainly don't go out of my way for them. As shogun said with so many digital options looking in goodwill is outdated. I suppose it could be fun for the extra randomness of it if you're up for anything. But as much as i enjoy trash i dont have the time to be random anymore like when i was a young punk cruising hollywood video (bc blockbuster didn't carry nearly half of the schlocky horror i wanted). I like to have a reason such as being interested in the director or cast, thinking that however bad it may be the concept is still highly imaginative, it falls into a genre i like(kaiju and b&w creature features are prominent) and so on.

Anyway I'll wrap up for tldr: i dont have time for pure trash and look for what will have even the tiniest bit to appreciate. Cinemageddon and dvr and an ondemand service are a must.